V

Dick was stunned, there were children milling around in uniforms. One of them even had a straightjacket.

Harley placed a hand on his shoulder, guiding him to table where three boys were talking quietly.

"Steven?" As soon as Harley announced her presence all the boys at the table dropped their heads, avoiding eye contact with the woman.

"Yes Miss Quinn?" The boy who replied had shaggy blond hair. He had small scars running up and down his arms, but that was hardly noticeable compared to his burn scars. The scars deform all of his left arm, his right hand and his left ear. It looked like he hadn't had a proper meal in his whole life, along with all the other kids in the room.

"This is Richard, he had a break thru the other day and is now able to interact with other patients. Care to introduce him to everyone?"

"Yes, Miss Quinn"

Harley rejoined Owen, the pair left the room closing the double doors with a click.

Steven looked up at Dick; his eyes are dark brown with dark bags under them.

"You can sit down Richard"

Dick reluctantly pulled out a chair and joined the trio at the table.

" I'm Steven, but you can call me Steve. What are you in for?"

"Um-"

"Steve, don't be a meanie! You can't just ask people why they are crazy!" A short boy with light brown hair sitting next to Steve shouted. He didn't look crazy at all, nothing out of the ordinary about his appearance.

"Oh come on Chip! It's tradition, sharing stories; we are all in this together after all."

"Yea, but you're suppose to share first, not interrogate the new one's within the first 5 minutes."

Steve raised an eyebrow at the smaller boy, "Fine," he hissed between his teeth.

"I'm Steve, I am a pyromaniac. I burnt down my office and my house once I found out my mom and my dad were getting a divorce,"

"You're forgetting something important about your story Steve," Chip grinned.

Steve shot a death glare at Chip and sighed before be continued, "My parents were inside the house when I lit it."

Holy shit, Dick couldn't believe that a kid would do that to their family. He only hoped that Steve didn't have any siblings.

"Pretty dark right?" Chip laughed

"You're one to talk Chip!"

"Hey it wasn't my fault! It was Chad!"

"Chip has extreme bipolar disorder, he becomes extremely violent. He calls his violent side Chad. He attacked - "

"Hey! It's MY story!" Punching Steve's arm.

"Yes it's true I am bipolar. During one of my episodes I stabbed 4 people" Chip hung his head, avoiding eye contact with Dick. Dick could tell he was leaving something out.