Chapter 1

So it's the last day at this crazy school,thank god. I could finally say bye to all of my haters and friends. I doubt I'll miss them though. They made my life a living hell. I'm ready to be out of here as soon as the bell rings.we only had a couple minutes left in class. Ms. Pearle was talking about her years in high school like we cared. To my right,Ashton winked at me. He was just a big flirt. A cute one at that too. He was also the class clown and he's been waiting forever to try to get with me. Unfortunately, I already had a boyfriend and Ashton was just on stand by until further notice. However, the dude has been constantly trying to get with me and I liked the attention that he gives me. He makes me feel like none other. Ashton a real cool dude when it comes to having fun.he asked me to go to sixflags with him this weekend but I haven't given him a definite answer. Dismissing my thoughts,the bell rings. Everyone was outside excited that school was over. Some were screaming, yelling,acting all types of ratchet and some just acted a fool. Nicole, my main (best friend) came and hugged me tight. Could've sworn she was gonna choke me. ''Ima miss you, cece'', she said smiling. "Girl you got my number. I'm just a phone call away", I said. "Aye cece", Ashton called out. He gave me a hug. "Ima miss looking at your sexy self". Ashton made me feel like a midget sometimes. He was that tall. "Awww. Ima miss you too",I said. "Not really. We gonna see each other all summer. By the way, you didn't give me an answer yet about the 6 flags this weekend", Ashton reminded me. "Oh yeah. Ima be there.you coming to pick me up right?" "Yeah you gonna be up in the passenger seat with me". We both laughed. It was obvious that Ashton was all up on me. Even Nicole noticed. Ashton put his arm around my neck and walked me towards the school parking lot. "So how much would it take for me to get you to be wifey? It ain't no mystery that we go together", Ashton said holding my hand. "I have a boyfriend and this little scenery would piss him off right now", I said removing my hand from his. "I don't care.he ain't even treating you right". "Like you can treat me any better." "I actually can. You and I know that very well." I began to walk away. "Where you going, beautiful? Look, your a very smart,gorgeous girl.you deserve better", he said looking into my eyes.we was about to kiss until I stopped half way. Knowing what I was doing was wrong, I said," I can't do this." Ashton stood there a minute and never said anything. "Alright so I'll see you tomorrow I guess,"i said breaking the ice and walking away. On my way to the other side of the parking lot,I could see my boyfriend waiting for me in his car. He looked like he was gonna leave my behind if I didn't hurry up. "Hey boo", I said reaching out to hug jakeel. He rejected my hug and drove at a fast speed. What's his problem? "What's wrong with you?", I asked him. "We'll talk about it when we get home cause if you have me spazzin out while I'm driving, we gone end up in a accident", he said as angry as possible. "Wow ok", I simply said. It didn't take us 30 minutes to get to his house. He drove into the driveway like he was about to do something crazy. Deep down inside, I felt scared because jay was not afraid to hit me. "Get out the car." I did as he said and got out. He had keys to the house and no one was home when we entered. This was about to be a beatdown for me. I took a seat near the door just in case something pops off. Jay slammed the door shut. "So what's this im hearing that you going to 6 flags with Ashton?" "Who told you that?", I said. "Don't ask. Just answer the damn question, cece. You think I'm playing with you?" I took a deep breath and said," Ashton and a couple of people were planning to go to 6 flags for the weekend and just chill. Nothing serious. that's why I was gonna go. I didn't know you was gonna spazz out over something like that." Jay walked towards me and put me against the wall. "Don't mess with me, cece. you trying the wrong person." I became so scared out my life. I reached for the knob on the door fort escape. jay caught on to it and pushed me away from the door. I ran for the back door but he pulled me away from it, causing me to fall hard onto the concrete floor. "Where you think you going? I wasn't done talking to you!" I began to cry because I saw death before me. "Leave me alone!", I yelled. "Who you yelling at?!",he said throwing in a couple of punches my way. He punched me in one eye and attempted to choke me right then and there. I was suffocating and couldn't breath at all. I could feel myself getting dizzy and red. Just then I heard a voice yelling jay's name to stop. He finally let go of me. His mom was standing there,looking shocked at what just happened. "Ma,I can explain", jay said walking in her direction. I quickly grabbed my purse and left. I ran to a nearby bus station crying and weeping. I endured much pain but every pain that I've endured have never been as painful as this one. Someone I love would hurt me so badly. It's ridiculous. This reminds me of the time my mom had been in domestic violence under my dad. She would cry every night because of the pain she went through. I don't want to end up like her. Having 3 kids and trying to raise them on my own. I don't want that kind of life. I continued to cry and weep. The only person I felt like talking to about the situation is Nicole. So I called her up. "Hello", she answered. Hopefully she's not busy. "Hey", I said softly. "Cece, you okay?", She asked already knowing what happened. "Cece, i hasn't even been a hour yet and jay already tryna beat you?"
"He didn't try Nicole. He already did. I'm sitting here at a bus station crying. Scared for my life and I don't even know where I'm at."
"Damn. I don't even have my car with me. Want Ashton to come get you?"
"No. I don't want him to know about anything. That'll just get me in more trouble with jay."
"True but cece, he's the only one here with a car."
"Can't you drive his car instead?"
"Let me ask him real quick."
She put me on hold for a minute.
"Cece, where you at", she asked me. "I'm at some street called springdale."
"Alright. I know where you at. I'm coming to get you."
"Okay. hurry before jay come find me here", i said and hung up. Nicole is a life saver. I found a nearby Waffle House so I went inside to use the bathroom. Luckily, no one was in there to witness my pain. They probably was in the back. I looked into a mirror. my face was really bruised. I'm in love with a monster. Worse thing is, I can't leave him. if I do, he'll kill me and himself. Oh God. I rinse my face off with some warm water and dried it so that it wouldn't look that bad. the only person I trust is Nicole. She's always had my back since Day 1. Shes the only one that knows what's going on. I walked out the bathroom, still covering my face and left. I needed to cover my eye with something to avoid questions. So I went to a dollar store and bought sunglasses and a scarf to cover the bruises on my neck. Just then, Nicole called me. "I'm here", she said. "Alright, I see you." I walked over to the shiny,black hummer. Ashton had a nice car. I got in the passenger seat and hugged Nicole. "How bad is it?", She asked. I took my glasses off to reveal the black eye and the scarf off to reveal the bruises. Nicole's facial expression made me feel like she really cared. She felt the bruises and said,"Cece, what happened?"
"He found out about Ashton's sixflags thing this weekend, that's what happened and now I can't go", I explained putting the sunglasses and scarf back on. "So he got mad over that?"
"Yeah."
"Cece, I'm telling you. You need to leave him. If not, I'll do it for you. You know I'm not afraid of nobody and I got your back", she said driving. I sighed and didn't say anything. Nicki was right. I know I have to leave him some day but I don't know how. "Where we about to go now?", Nicki asked. "I don't know. I can't go home and let my mom see me like this."
"True and Ashton's at my house chilling with my brothers so that's a no. what about Michael's place?", She suggested. Michael was like a big brother to me. He was my only guy friend and always looked after me no matter what happened and I trusted him. "Yeah. We can try to call him to see if he cool with me crashing at his place. Hopefully he's home," I said. Nicole called him up and told her it was okay for me to come over.