Chapter Eight - Part One

Start from the beginning

Arya looked behind her to the now pacing Jaime, she had never seen him so upset. His face was red, and his hair that was before perfectly done was now falling around his face as he continuously ran his hands through it. She felt herself standing to meet him before she had really made the decision to do so. She walked right up to him, and put her hands on his face, pulling it down to meet hers. She pressed her forehead up against his and held him there. For the first few seconds his breathing was still erratic and he refused to touch her, almost like he was afraid to touch her, that he would hurt her, she knew he wouldn't, and she was proved right when a few more moments went by before his arms wrapped around her and pulled her as close to him as he could. Her now obvious pregnancy bump was a small hinderance but neither seemed to care. Once Jaime had her wrapped in his arms he felt all of the anger leave him in one large wave. She was his rock, and she somehow always managed to make him forget everything when she was in his arms. With a sigh he finally allowed himself to relax, and moved his head to the crook between her neck and he shoulder where he left it, and continued to breathe, trying to calm himself down.

"Jaime, my love, my life, I was always going to love you, you are the love of my life. And if they have a problem with that... then obviously they don't love me as much as I love them, because if they did they would see that you make me happier than I have ever been, and I ever hoped I could be. And if I am being honest, yes, it does hurt. But I have you, and this little one on the way, and they will only make me unhappy. So don't worry about them. Worry about me, and being here with me, and worry about the baby if you want to. But I don't want to worry about you going off to fight with my brothers about something that in a few months, I won't even care about. Okay?" Jaime felt himself agreeing with her a split second after she finished speaking, and gently nodded his head against her. Arya felt it, and immediately felt a smile grace her face before she pulled away. Jaime let a groan rip out of his mouth and the loss of her touch, and didn't regret it because shortly after he heard the distinct bell-like laughter of his wife.

"Come on Jaime, we have to get dressed or we are going to be late. I'll go get Krystine, you go get dressed in the bathroom okay?" He smiled down at her and nodded before leaning in to press a soft kiss to her cheek.

"I love you too darling." He mumbled quickly before pulling away and giving her a little wink, which she laughed at as he walked away into the bathroom to get dressed. A short fifteen minutes later the couple was dressed and ready to begin the long walk from their quarters to the great hall where the feast had started about twenty minutes before.

When they finally arrived, they were stopped at the door by the servant who was giving the introductions. He banged a long wooden staff on the floor, to which all of the people in the hall - which looked to be most of the guests, so the couple was indeed late - quieted down quickly.

"May I present, Lord Jaime Lannister Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West, and his wife Lady Arya Lannister." He banged his staff on the ground twice more and the people in attendance began to talk and eat once more. The servant began to talk to them before they could leave.

"My Lord, My Lady, if you would follow Mr. Wallace here to your seats." Jaime gave the man a nod, and proceeded to follow the younger servant that had been hiding behind the man towards the front of the room, to a table right in front of the table for the Whents. After Jaime thanked the servant, and gave him a gold dragon for his efforts. The servant smiled brightly at them, and before he left he heard Jaime call out to him.

"Boy, please make sure that we always have full glasses of water please, and if you would, sample the water before giving it to us. My wife is pregnant you see, and if the water tastes strange, I would prefer she does not drink it." The servant nodded hastily and responded even quicker.