Our Spot

A/N: the media has nothing to do with the chapter, but Calum was looking good af so... Merry Christmas (or happy holidays)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we going?" Laurie asked happily, reaching over and fixing the air vent on her side of the car.

"Anywhere you want I guess." Luke said unenthusiastically and turned the curve, revealing to Laurie a town that was oddly familiar to her.

"Where are we?" She asked, eyeing a gas station she was positive she had stopped at before at least once. Luke shrugged.

"I don't know, I don't leave the house much. Michael told me to come down here, he said there's a lot to do." He said, and shifted his view back to Laurie. She was looking around, her eyes squinting every now and then, and Luke could see the gears shifting in her head as she tried to put together why this place seemed so familiar to her.

Laurie's eyes shifted to a shopping mall and she jumped immediately, the thought of getting to replenish her dull wardrobe exciting her. "Let's go to the mall!" She said, pointing toward the building. Luke nodded and shifted lanes, pulling up to the mall and finding a place to park.

The two stepped out of the car and Laurie began skipping toward the entrance, only to be stopped by Luke's grip on her arm. He looked at her cautiously.

"If you want to go in, you have to hold my hand." He said, looking at her seriously and trying his best to maintain his sense of authority over her. Laurie groaned.

"I'm not a child, Luke." She retorted, but a final stern glance from Luke yielded a huff from the small girl, and she took hold of his hand. He smirked at her submission and the two glided through the parking lot and into the building crowded with teens and adults in their early twenties.

Looking around, Laurie saw groups of girls hanging out in the food court, walking in packs to the bathrooms, and grimacing at out-of-date clothing through store windows and frowned.

Though she could remember visiting the mall with what she had thought at the time were her friends, she couldn't seem to remember ever having that much fun, and being chaperoned by Luke made everything feel so much worse.

Laurie looked up at the tall boy and sighed. "I really don't get why we have to hold hands..." Laurie whispered. Luke looked down at her and then at their entwined fingers.

"I don't want to lose track of you." He said calmly, but he knew that wasn't the reason.

He wanted to hold her hand so that he could feel how tiny hers were in his. He wanted to hold her hand so that he could pull her in close if he wanted to. Mainly though, he wanted to hold her hand so that any guy that walked by would see her with him and know that she was his and only his.

Laurie shook her head and shot Luke a look that said 'whatever', and turned the corner into a department store. All of the clothes were way too risqué for Laurie's very mild taste, but she loved the accessories, and Luke let go of her hand so that she could give them a look.

After browsing for a while and finding a few bracelets she liked, Laurie looked around the store for Luke. It was a relatively large store, but not so large that she and Luke would be too far apart.

She walked around, slowly eyeing each area before she spotted a familiar blonde quiff in the women's lingerie department. Typical.

She walked up to Luke and was met immediately with a devilish grin that Laurie thought was quite possibly one of the most attractive and dangerous things in the whole world. Laurie eyed him cautiously as she stepped in closer.