114: Jimin's Fight

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, he's fine. Count one, two, three, it'll be alright."

Jungkook sniffles in Hoseok's arms comforted by the hug from an older brother. It made you soft to watch their embrace. Still confused about what had even happened you hoped both the boys would patch up again soon.

Jin grabs his helmet, following behind in Jimin's direction. He checks his chamber first, checking every nook and cranny that the flexible little one could fit into. The spacecraft was small but so was Jimin. Thankfully there wasn't much area to cover and Jimin had made himself quite noticeable. He sat curled up at the back end of the ship window, watching the endless universe through the little window. Unlike Jungkook he wasn't crying, instead he looked frustrated and ... unloved.

"Found you," Jin sings, a little playfully then shuts up realizing that this was perhaps the wrong approach. He sits down beside the man giving him the space he needed but also sitting close enough to let him know that he was there. Jimin ignores him, not even acknowledging Jin's presence or looking at him. Jin sighs inwardly thinking he'd probably failed already but then-

"There's nowhere to hide on this damn ship, anyway."

Jin smiles a little. At least he was talking. He didn't seem so talkative though, so Jin decided to get straight to the point.

"Hey," he begins gently, looking at Jimin who was somehow showing unexpected visuals from his half buried, face angled position. He was still more handsome, Jin reassured himself.

"Is something going on?"

"It was just a dumb fight okay?"

"No, it wasn't," Jin replies back promptly, picking up Jimin's pace. "You've been having an awful lot of fights lately."

"'Cause they were being annoying."

Jin puffs a bit of air through his nose, hanging his head. "I agree. They're the most annoying people in this whole universe. And somehow ..." He tilts his head to the side looking at the stars in front of the both of them. "I still love them."

"Go away hyung. I've got nothing to say to you."

"Well you obviously had something to say to Jungkook" Jin points out. "It's not easy to carry that kind of stuff on your own."

However, Jimin still refuses to reply. Jin waits patiently, trying to respect the distance as he did so. It troubled him that Jimin was being like this because he knew that the man was the brightest angel out there. If anything they'd be in opposite places, with him being comforted by the selfless Jimin. He cared the most about everyone else, he carried everyone's hearts and souls in his own body. Sure, he could break down at times but it wasn't like him to make a scene.

"Whatever it is," Jin ends, simply. "Hyung is here."

Silence follows. They sit in that silence for a while, time passing motionlessly. Far up ahead soft voices can be heard but all the way down here it was just the two of them. They look out at the scenery in front of them, something beautiful and warming and welcoming but dangerous and wicked at the same time. As Jin waits he can't help recalling a conversation with Namjoon about nature being loving and unloving at the same time.

"I ..." Jimin speaks suddenly, voice extremely soft. "I think I'm going insane, hyung."

He breaths uncomfortably, eyes hanging heavy, looking in front of them. Taking a shaky inhalation he continues.

"I'm scared. I-I'm so scared we won't make it. With all these new problems, the rationing and everything ... I feel so helpless."

His stomach growls suddenly. Jimin's hand goes over his stomach as he huddles himself over, hugging his lithe form together.

"I've been eating less," he confesses. "I hoped like that we could save up a little more. It's dumb I know, but ... I want to do something. It's not much but I feel like it's all my fault even if it isn't I-" He gives up mid-speech, swallowing thickly. "I think that's why I've been kind of moody lately. I'm not eating like I used to and with the treadmill it's harder not to want to but...I'll get used to it. I promise I'll- "

Jin throws an arm around Jimin's shoulder, unable to stand hearing any more. Turning to face him, he hugs Jimin tightly, holding him so close to him like he'd never had something more precious. Starving ... 

Jimin was starving himself for everyone.

Jimin exhales against the man's body, feeling the healing, parental aura emanate from his strong, protective arms

Jin's eyes shake, swallowing thickly. He couldn't believe what he'd just heard. Dieting ... Fault ... Promises ... It was impossible. It was impossible for someone to even think of sacrificing themselves like that especially in an environment like space where you counted on every meal, worked hard to keep in form, to keep going.

"Jimin-ah," Jin whispers, trying to keep his voice stable. "You're amazing, you know that? That you'd do that for us ... that's incredible but ... you don't have to. You can stop now. You mean more to us than anything we could ever eat in our lives. We're all in it together so no matter what happens we'll figure it out.. yeah?" He rubs his back, assuredly.

"How?" Jimin mumbles.

"Somehow, " Jin pats his back comfortingly, a little dissuaded by his own words. He decides to rake a different approach.

"Besides I went through all that effort to cook everything, how do you disrespect me by not eating it, huh? You should be swallowing every bite...alright?"

Jimin's dainty little head nods, face pressed against Jin's shoulder.

"Okay," Jin hugs the man again, linking his arms behind Jimin's form suddenly feeling so empty inside. Holding Jimin like this gave him the most heart-wrenching already seen that he couldn't even remember and it killed him. It killed him because he couldn't say he'd be able to experience that ever again. Right now, he needed to be with Jimin. He needed to love him, to appreciate his effort and his existence.

"Hyung ..." Jimin's muffled voice surfaces again. "What if it doesn't work out though? What if w-we just wander this space ... forever? Will we even find Earth? What if something happened to it?"

"We will," Jin promises him, looking over his shoulder at the stars twinkling in the distance. Home is far away, and he could never replicate that. However, he would try to do his best to be whatever it was.

"It's all going to be okay and I know I'm just saying things but deep down I have a feeling it's going to work out. And you're not alone. No one is ever alone. Even the Earth has its moon." 

"So don't worry," Jin adds, lovingly.

"I'll be your Moon."

[Stream Moon, its so underrated 😭]