Chapter Three

~ASHTON~ (Whaaaa..?)

"And I intend to break you like a twig." I growled before slamming the door.

Once I was outside, in the fresh air, I walked through the forest until I saw the road that my car was still parked on. I climbed into the drivers seat and held my hand in my hands. I know that I came off as a total psycho since I killed pretty much everyone at my school and kidnapped someone but I had a good reason. I knew that I was gay since I had my first kiss with a boy but my dad never approved and my mum..well, let's just say that she's gone and she's not coming back anytime soon. I kept my sexuality a secret for the majority of my life right until the one and only Calum Hood asked me to be his boyfriend. I'd always had a huge crush on him, hell, everyone did, but I was completely convinced that he would never notice me or like me back for that matter. When he asked, he seemed so genuine and nervous and I was stupid enough the believe him. The only problem was that I was still hated and bullied by his friends so we had to keep secret..but I didn't want to. This one day, I was cornered by all his friends and they beat the shit out of me. I saw Calum watching it happen, he didn't stop them or save me, just watched and walked away. That day, afterschool, I went to his house and broke up with him. I couldn't take it anymore. I left after we had an argument over his reputation and how I fell but I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen so I went around the back of the house and climbed up to his bedroom window. When he came  in, I started to panic, he was crying his eyes out and I saw him grab a bottle of pills. That's when realization hit me. I climbed through the window and snatched the pills out of his hand. After that day, we got back together and we were much closer. Well, he was more clingy. To be honest, it was the best three months of my life. Then he started wanting more than just making out and I, being the stupid sixteen year old that I am, gave it to him. I guess my head was so far in the clouds that I completely forgot about my homophobic dad and the fact that he could walk in at any minute. Which he did. I was so scared for Calum, my dad flipped shit and told Calum to get his 'faggot ass' out of our house. When Calum left, obviously telling me he loves me and all that bullshit, my dad hit me for the first time. And it wasn't just a punch..let's just say that by the end of the day, I had two broken ribs and a few days in the hospital. That's when our relationship was starting to fall apart. Calum and I kept getting into random arguments over stupid shit and my dad was constantly beating me. Everything came at me all at once. And when I was just on the verge of going insane, Calum humiliated me infront of everyone. That was enough to send me over the edge. I remembered that Calum was picking me up for prom and my dad wasn't going to let me go. So I grabbed the gun that I'd hid under my bed and shot him. Calum was at the door while I was trying to clear my own father's blood off the floor. I just panicked and hid the gun in my pocket. I still had the gun. So I pulled it out and that shut everyone up, I just went numb after that. Shooting at all of my 'friends' and bullies, even teachers. I was in a rage. Nothing could stop me. Now, I'm sitting in a car, crying my eyes out and remembering everything that has happened to me. 

Yeah, feel sorry for yourself. Just like the psycho you are.

I'm not a psycho, I'm just broken..

You're only saying that so you feel better. You know you're a psycho, a freak, a misfit. 

Christ, even the voices in my head hate me. I'm not a psycho. I'm not a freak. I'm broken and I was pushed too far. Even Calum knows that, he's the one apologizing.

Oh please, he's only saying that so you don't kill him.

He knows I wouldn't kill him anyway. He's truly sorry, I know he is. I cut myself from the argument I was having with imaginary people and got out of the car. I slammed the door shut and started walking back into the woods until I found the shed. I could overhear Calum sobbing on the other side.