one : musty red ute

The chilly afternoon breeze gently caressed the sun-kissed cheeks of Eddie Kaspbrak. His fluffy, chocolate-coloured hair flowed majestically in the wind as he settled behind his pristine white desk, gazing out of his open window.

The boy's mind was plagued with the music that was blasting out of his earphones, the wire was tangled as it drooped below the desk stopping at Eddie's phone which was shoved carelessly into his jean pocket. He was listening to a playlist made by himself, named 'chill vibes'. This consisted of his favourite songs, ones that helped him unwind as he slipped into a calm headspace.

Get you the moon - Kine, Snøw

Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee

Falling - Harry Styles

Comfort Crowd - Conan Gray

Sweet tooth - Cavetown

July - Noah Cyrus

Bruises - Lewis Capaldi

Kindergarten - chloe moriondo

Eddie quietly hummed the melody to 'Adore You' by Harry Styles as he sketched in his book. He made thoughtful marks on the page as he glanced at his reference, replicating the significant details of his best friend perfectly. From Richie Tozier's cute freckled nose to his bulky ebony glasses and drowsy umber eyes.

He scribbled a little quote into the corner. 'I can't help but love you, even though I try not to.' From the song 'War of Hearts' by Ruelle.

Eddie couldn't express himself in any words except for song lyrics. He wrote a quote onto each drawing of his best friend, imagining the taller, curly-haired boy reading through each one.

Realistically, he wouldn't ever give Richie these drawings, or ever tell him how he feels, even if it was through song lyrics.

He sighed as he picked up the paper, the sun rays shining through the sheet as he scrunched it up into a sphere. The last thing Eddie wanted was for his best friend to find these sketches that had numerous confessions illustrated onto them. Several of them scribbled with the name 'Eddie Tozier' or 'Richie Kaspbrak'. Others with doodles of the two friends hugging, some even kissing.

Eddie reddened at the thought, it was fairly obvious he had a crush on Richie, obvious to everyone apart from Richie himself.

Beverly Marsh, one of Eddie's close friends had picked up on the crush first. It was freshman year and Richie and Eddie were more inseparable than ever. Bev picked up on small glances in class, hugs that lasted too long, and how Eddie would always make an excuse to touch Richie one way or another.

Bill denbrough, Eddie's closet friend -aside from Richie himself- found out once Eddie had come out to Bill. Though he always had a slight suspicion that Eddie was gay, or liked Richie romantically

The rest of the losers -which is what they call their friend group because the 7 best friends were considered weird, and outcasts- found out when they were having a sleepover at Richie's house. They were stupidly playing seven minutes in heaven because they were bored. Stanley Uris and Richie Tozier were sent to the closet together, and Eddie was fuming. It was obvious that he was jealous of Stan and was miserable the entire night.

After that day, everyone apart from Richie himself knew Eddie had fallen deep for the stupid, unsanitary, totally not funny at all, messy, absolutely gorgeous boy named Richie Tozier.

The freckled boy rapidly ignored his thoughts, swivelling his attention back to the music. The song that was currently playing gave Eddie goosebumps. His song was suddenly interrupted though, as rocks were being thrown through his window.