Chapter 63

Back in Mackenzie's point of view! I know this is a short and pointless one, but I had nothing prepared and I'm too tired to function properly.

I huff as Billie walks in with an ice pack. "No, not again," I whine. "It's cold and I'm tired."

"The nurse said that you need to ice it twenty minutes of every hour that your awake for two days to reduce pain and swelling," she says, using the nurses exact words. She sits down on the bed next to me, her cold fingers brush against my stomach as she lifts my shirt up and holds the ice pack on my rib. "Come on. This is your last one for tonight."

"I'd rather have pain and swelling."

"I don't care." She runs her right hand up and down my thigh softly, making me even more tired. "You need to get better. There are certain things that you can't do with a broken rib." She smirks mischievously, causing me to blush as I try not to let my mind wander too far into the possibilities.

"Whatcha thinkin' about, Cam," she asks knowingly, her hand sliding under the fabric of my shorts. The space between my thighs heats up as her hand gets closer. She's almost there when she suddenly removes her hand, leaving me flustered. "Guess you better deal with the ice pack, huh?"

"I hate you so much." I close my eyes, shaking my head.

"I love you too, angel."

"You know, I've been thinking." I open my eyes again and she raises her eyebrows at me. "You have a lot of nicknames for me and I only have like two for you, so I came up with another one. You'll really like it."

"What is it?"

"I was thinking that I could just start calling you William."

"Oh my God. Just shut up." She laughs.

"Nope."

After a little while, she takes the ice pack off and turns the lights off. I hold my hand over the cold area in an attempt to make it warm, but my hands are cold. All of a sudden, Billie's knee is pressed up against the area in between my legs. A quiet moan escapes my mouth and Billie's lips attach to my neck.

I slide my hand into her hair. "I thought that there were certain things that I can't do with a broken rib," I say, mocking her.

"I can't hear you. It's dark."

"That's illiterate, love."

-

"Billie, we've already had burritos today. Pick something else."

She groans. "I want burritos."

"I hate you. You're so annoying."

"That's not what you were saying last night," she counters, making my face heat up.

I punch her arm. "Billie!" I drop my phone off of the bed and it bounces under. "Nuh-uh. Billie, get it."

"You're such a baby," she teases, leaning over to grab it.

"I am not." I cross my arms.

"Whatever you say, mamas," she mumbles, handing me my phone.

"Thanks."

"Mhm." She kisses my nose and then lays back down. "So, can we get burritos since—"

"No." An alarm starts going off on Billie's phone and I groan, covering my face. "We've done it enough. I'm fine."

"The doctor said—"

"I don't give a fuck about what the doctor said," I grumble as she stands up and makes her way to the door.

"Sucks for you because I do." She turns around, a smile tugging at her lips. I already know what she's going to say.

"Wow, that rhymed," we say in sync.

"Hey!"

"Why do you get so excited about rhyming? You have so many songs... that you rhyme in."

She shrugs. "Why are you so worried about what I'm so excited about?"

"We can get burritos if you don't make me use the ice pack for twenty minutes this time."

"Tempting, but no. I'll get a burrito... or four and you can get whatever the fuck it is that you want, but you're also getting this damn ice pack."