Chapter Forty - Mr. & Mrs. González

Start from the beginning

Walking downstairs, I heard voices coming from the living room. Everyone was probably there including Rio. He must be waiting for me.

"You look stunning," Rio said as soon as he laid his eyes on me. The rest had smirks on their faces.

"You look handsome too," I replied shyly.

"Shall we?" He asked softly.

"We shall."

We left the house and got into Rio's car. Lorenzo and my father wanted security to be around us and we didn't say no because no one knows what might happen.

I didn't know where was he taking me and I knew that If I asked, he wouldn't tell me.

He was driving with his left hand and his right was intertwined with my left hand. He always likes to do this whenever we were in a car as if he couldn't let go or couldn't, not touch me.

After half an hour, we arrived at the destination.

A...house?

"What is this place?" I asked as soon as I stepped out of the car.

"Come, I'll show you." He took my hand and I followed him. We entered the house alone and the security stayed outside, guarding the place.

The house was empty but was clean and so...artistic. There was only one table in the middle of what I assume was the living room, with two chairs on each side.

"Do you like this place?" He asked worriedly, taking both my hands in his and looking at me intently.

"It's beautiful. So beautiful." I replied truthfully.

"Come sit." He took out the chair for me and I sat but not before thanking him. He went to the other side and sat himself down.

Suddenly, 2 men entered the room and placed food on the table.

"Aren't you going to tell me what is this place?" I asked curiously because I truly wanted to know.

"Patience, darling." He smirked.

We started eating slowly and in the middle of it all, he said, "This place is my grandfather's. He left it for me hoping that one day I would bring my wife and live here."

My heart started pounding and my suspicions were true.

"It's a b-beautiful place." I stuttered.

"Indeed, it is." He smiled warmly, "Leila, I have never thought in my whole life that I would get married or even fall in love with any girl. But . . . everything changed when I met you for the first time. I knew that something will happen between us and I knew that one day we will be together. I just felt it. You are different, kind, loving, caring, passionate, a fighter, a survivor, and a mother. I admire you a lot and I cannot believe that I am saying this, but before meeting you, I was this cold, arrogant asshole who only cared about the mafia and killing enemies. When you came, you became my light in my darkness and you changed me. You made me feel things I never thought I'd feel. When I look at you, I get lost in you. I could look at you for hours and never get bored." He swallowed hard.

"Leila, I love you and I cannot see my life without you. So, I want to ask you...Would you give me the honor to be your husband and you my wife?"

After what I just heard, I felt like fainting. I felt sick, but a good sick. I felt weird and different. I felt...happy. So happy. Very happy that I felt that my heart was going to be ripped off at this moment of happiness.

"Leila?" His voice cracked.

I stood up and slowly walked towards him. I sat on his lap and kissed him passionately. Our mouths fought together and our tongues fought for dominance. When we broke the kiss, I looked him in the eyes and said, "I love you too, Demetrio, and nothing would make me happier than being your wife."

"I promise you, I will love you forever, my Leila." He whispered and captured my lips again.

* * *

2 months later.

I walked into our room and saw him sleeping peacefully with our daughter. They looked so cute that I wanted to take a picture so bad, and I did. I later sent it to the family's WhatsApp group.

I walked towards them and laid down beside them, hugging both of them in the process. This caused Rio to open his eyes and smile at me and then close them. I closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.

When I used to look back at my past life, I used to see awful things, but after being with Rio, every time I look back, I see struggles and bad experiences that I went through and was strong enough to survive all of it.

I learned that everything happened for a reason and every bad thing I had gone through, taught me a lesson. I was thankful, for everything in my life.

God gave me a second chance at love and I would forever be grateful.

Forever.

I was grateful that I married this amazing man, and I just couldn't believe that we are Mr. & Mrs. Gonzalez.

* * *