✨🌸 Chapter 59 🌸✨

Börja om från början

Jeno bit his lip harshly and tried to stifle a sniffle from his nose, raising a hand and resting it over his closed eyes.

"Jeno, I'm so sorry for this. I am indebted to you and all your friends. I shouldn't have trusted Hendery so easily-"

"No, this isn't your fault. You saved Jaemin, and although this is a minor setback, all that matters is that he is alive and well again. You don't owe me anything, In fact, I owe you," Jeno said with his head tilted upwards, taking a deep breath through his nose of the flowery air.

Xiaojun could only stare at the boy, frowning at how selfless Jeno was. He felt guilty about this whole thing, he has tampered with the relationship of his students and not in a very good way. But here Jeno was, visibly hurt by the fact that Jaemin can't remember much about them, but only caring about the fact that Jaemin was okay.

After a few moments of silence, Jeno stood up from the swing and started to walk away, but the sound of mulch crunching under his shoes caught the other's attention.

"Jeno," Xiaojun spoke sharply, causing the dark haired boy to turn around with slightly puffy eyes. Jeno only stared at him with an empty look, waiting for him to continue. "What will you do?"

Jeno stood there and felt a breeze whisp around them, contrasting the humid summer day with something a bit more refreshing.

"I'm going to do what's best for him."

And just like that, Jeno walked away from the park and left Xiaojun to stare off into space, a dark cloud settling over him.

~•~

"Where's the popcorn?"

"Get me ice cream while you're at it!"

"Use your manners, god you're all almost adults now," Taeyong hissed from the kitchen, wondering in his mind why his brother decided to have a huge get together extremely last minute.

The redhead walked out into the living room, placing two items onto the coffee table with a scowl on his face. The five boys including Jaehyun raised an eyebrow at the snack given to them.

"This is not ice cream," Chenle said and crossed his arms, Jisung shaking his head next to the boy.

"You're right. It's hummus and pita chips and this is all I'm giving you," Taeyong folded his arms and ate a chip in spite.

The one who invited all of them to his house had finally entered the room after being who knows where, looking at the six curious eyes that carefully picked at some pita chips. He wove himself through the seats, sitting next to Mark on one of the couches. But of course everyone was too mystified by the strange snack to notice his presence.

"I'm... im gonna try it," Donghyuck said with a gulp at the end, dipping the chip into the creamy savory sauce, then raising it to his mouth with a shaky hand. Jeno just deadpanned at him while Mark cheered him on, everyone else only staring with wide eyes.

Donghyuck ate it, and his brown orbs blew wide.

"How is it?!" Jaehyun asked from the couch next to Taeyong, tapping his foot nervously.

"It's..," Donghyuck began, swallowing the chip and placing a hand on his heart. "It's... amazing."

Mark cheered and they all sighed in relief, reaching for chips like wild animals and trying it for themselves. Jeno just sighed and made eye contact with his brother, both of them having eaten this snack hundreds of times and knowing damn well it was delicious.

Eventually, Jeno cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, some of them only now noticing he's here. And when they did, all hell broke loose.