✨🌸 Chapter 57 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

"That's ENOUGH!" Xiaojun yelled, a sudden bright flame flashing before Jeno's eyes and swirling around the wrists of the boy holding him tightly. Hendery yelped and pulled back, holding both of his wrists as the red blinked from his eyes.

Jeno huffed in and out and saw the tips of Xiaojun's fingers smoking. That was the first time he's ever seen the older use his power.

The dark haired stood up, looking towards where his mom was only seconds ago. He felt his heart begin to race as he saw nothing there, only met with the emptiness of the room.

The morning sun was now peeking its way through the room and shining in on the four of them, Jeno barely noticing as he felt himself begin to spiral. But a sudden groan stopped him from collapsing once more.

Jeno felt his entire body stiffen, slowly dragging his eyes over to the hospital bed.

And what he saw was something he hoped to see so badly these past few days. The sight of a (solid, might I add) figure finally sitting up from the hospital bed, bones sore as his hand rubbed at his eyes.

The sun peeked through the blinds and rose alike to the boy sitting up, illuminating his honey hair that was no longer transparent. His hazel eyes that were once covered by his pale hands, peered upwards and first landed on the sight of a stunned Jeno.

A small smile creeped onto the boy's face. "Mornin Jeno."

And just like that, the dark haired boy bit his quivering lip and launched himself at the other. Jaemin gasped but chuckled happily when the older's arms wrapped him in a very secure hug.

"I missed you too," Jaemin muttered and rested his chin on his shoulder, rubbing his back gently as he heard quiet sniffles.

"Never... never leave me like that again," Jeno felt his voice crack in the middle of that sentence, but he could only embrace the honey haired boy tighter and tighter.

Jaemin returned the hug, closing his eyes and feeling the warmth. "I won't..."

By now Jeno was fully on top of the bed, leaving no room between them as the thought of finally having Jaemin back with the living swarmed through his mind. He would do anything in his power to make sure this never happens again. This time they'd have a second chance to communicate better, to not let misunderstandings get in their way. After all, love has a funny way of giving people meant to be as many chances as it takes to make everything just perfect.

"Guys! He's awake!" Mark screamed on the other side of the door, being audible through the piece of metal as it slammed open. The entire power squad flooded inside like the opening gates of a dam, rushing over to the two hugging and joining in.

Jaemin laughed and they all fell over onto the mattress, becoming a mess of people that squashed Jaemin into a pulp.

"H-hey, I can't breathe," Jaemin said while smiling widely, finally getting his friends to all sit up and surround him on the very small bed.