LXXIX. The Keeper of Keys

Start from the beginning

"Okay, where are you going?" Damon frowns.

"Miss Mystic."

"Out." Stefan and I say at the same time.

"Okay, i see you two are back to being shady." Damon huffs. I give him a look, rolling my eyes as i continue to put my earrings on, waiting for Stefan. He nods for me to follow, the two of us moving towards the door. "Please don't tell me that you two are still working with Klaus."

"You obviously haven't heard." Stefan sighs, "Elena and I broke up."

Damon's eyes widen as he looks over to me, a bored look on my face. "Oh." Damon nodded. "Got it. Uh, well, I'll be quick, then. So apparently if we want to find the cure, we have to find a vampire hunter who can kill enough vampires to reveal the map on the hunter's mark. Now, unless we want Jeremy to go all Connor 2.0 , i suggest we find a different hunter." Damon explains.

"Okay, and?" Stefan shrugs. I smirk, watching the brothers.

"And i was gonna ask professor Shane, but it turns out he's shadier than you two combined." Stefan hums, nodding, "Matt Donovan connected him and the pastor through phone records. Apparently the two were very chatty the say that the pastor blew up the council."

"Ah, so you're gonna confront Shane, threaten him, possibly kill him- That sort of thing?" Stefan smirks.

Damon shrugs with a small smile, "Yeah, unless he tells me what he's up to. What do you two say? We team up?"

"I have plans." I shrug.

"Nah," Stefan says at the same time. He looks back at me, chuckling, "I'd say you're on your own." Stefan moves to open the door for me for us to leave, Damon grabbing his hand.

"Or we could just blow it off, then... Go get drunk, bond over some tridelts if you... you know, want some quality time."

Stefan scoffs, looking over to me. "Let's not pretend like this isn't the best day of your life," Stefan says lowly. Damon frowns, looking between us. Stefan pats his arm, grabbing my hand and pulling me out.

"Are you dropping me off?"

"It seems so." Stefan sighs.

==========================================

"Would you like to tell me why you're late?" Caroline huffs.

"It takes a while to look this good," I smirk. Caroline rolls her eyes, linking her arm with mine. "So what is it you really need me to do?" Caroline stops us walking.

"Get rid of him." She huffs. I look up, seeing Klaus, i sigh, walking over to him.

"How did i know I'd find you here?" Klaus smirks. The Miss Mystic Court had to be here, ready to take pictures, that's honestly the only reason I'm here.

"Because i was the Mystic Princess last year?" I shrug. "And i don't think you should be here."

"Do you have a date for tonight, Sweetheart?" Klaus smirks, looking around, "I don't see any of the Salvatores or Tyler Lockwood... or that sire of your." He says looking around.

"Stefan's busy, Damon's trying to save Elena, i don't really talk to Tyler anymore, and Asher's in Chicago," I state. "So no, i don't have a date."

"Well then, would you mind if i accompanied you tonight?" He smiles.

I stare at him for a second, tilting my head. "2 p.m. Don't be late." I state, walking towards the house.