Chapter 1

The sound of an alarm going off wakes me from my sleep. I can't help but to groan as I hit the annoying piece of shit. I toss my blankets off my boxer clad body before walking into my attached bathroom. Today is the start of the best year of my life. It's the first day of senior year, my last fucking year of high school and I plan to make the most of it. It's my last year to be responsibility free before I'm thrown into the family business. I wrap my towel around my waist walking into my closet. I pull on a pair of boxers before throwing on a pair of ripped jeans, a black t-shirt, and all white Adidas. I throw some gel in my hair to tame my wayward dirty blonde colored locks before putting on my letterman jacket and walking out my room.

I walk into the kitchen to see my mother cooking at the stove while my father reads the paper. "Morning" I say taking a seat at the table.

"Morning honey, are you excited for your senior year?" my mother asks placing a plate down in front of me.

"Time to buckle down and focus son, and I don't mean on Myra" my father adds sternly.

I can't help my smirk at the mention of my girlfriend. We've been together for about six months now and we like to have fun. I don't consider her a distraction, more like a stress reliever. Though to someone as anal as my father she's a distraction to the big picture.

"It's time to get serious Beckham, you'll be Alpha before you know it."

I nod, "I know dad."

He nods going back to his paper and I go back to my food. At the end of the year I'll take over as Alpha for our pack. I've been groomed to lead our pack since I was born and don't get me wrong, I love my pack but sometimes I'd rather do without the constant reminders of what I'm required to do.

"Morning" my twin sisters say walking into the kitchen.

"Morning dolls" my mother says with a smile.

"Can we get a ride?" Maddie asks as I stand up.

"Sorry kids, I'm a senior I can't be seen with freshmen. Catch ya later" I say with a grin before kissing my mother's cheek and walking out.

I grab my gym bag before walking out the house to my Jeep. I speed off in the direction of school. When I pull up to Watercreek High I park in the designated senior parking lot swerving into the first available spot. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town that is basically a supernatural breeding ground. Watercreek Maine has been populated by the supernatural since the town first popped up on the map. I can say that it's great that no one has to hide who they are in fear of being caught by humans. That's not to say that we haven't had humans live here but eventually they always seem to leave.

I grab my bags before walking to the building and going to my locker to see my best friend already there. "Brice!" he yells loudly as he sees me approaching.

I can't help shaking my head laughing at the excitable red head, "what's up Jer."

Jeremy Powers has been my best friend since we were pups, there's no one else on this planet I would trust with my life than him. We've been through the torture of our role lessons together and usually had to be separated because we could never take anything serious together.

"Did you get the 'your role is coming' lecture this morning too?" he asks with a grin.

"You know I did, it's fucking senior year. I'm not going to kill my vibe with that bullshit yet."

He chuckles, "where's your little cheerleader?"

I shrug looking around to see her coming down the hall with Gwen and Penny. "There she goes with your stalker" I laugh.