4 | Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Death looked at Grim and saw the words 'Bring it on' clear on his face. And that was the only encouragement Death needed to throw the knife to the ground and lunge at Grim.

Death grabbed Grim by his torso and pushed him down to the ground with such force that the ground beneath Grim had cracked. However, the Reaper was not fazed at all by the tumble.

When Death had lifted himself up onto his knees, Grim swung his right fist and slammed it to Death's jaw and a crack formed in the buildings around them. Death retaliated by slamming his injured left hand to Grim's cheekbone and another sound of the buildings cracking echoed in the alley.

Every punch that the men had swung at each other caused cracks to form in the surrounding around them. The dark forces that they both held were so powerful that it began to cause destruction and chaos.

Grim used his strength and flipped Death over, so he was now on top. He slammed his left fist into Death's nose. He felt Death's bones break underneath his own hand and saw blood slowly ooze out of his nose.

The skies began to darken and thunder could be heard as the men tumbled and fought. The walls cracked even more that bricks began fall. The winds became violent and knocked down any objects. The men were so engrossed on their fight that they didn't notice that their powers created an earthquake. Building shook violently and windows broke due to the powerful vibrations of nature. The ground cracked and the vibrations of the earth caused the two split halves to drift apart slowly and caused buildings to fully collapse. People had ran out screaming and terrified for their lives. The alarms of the cars went off and added into the chaos. And yet the two men were oblivious to the chaos. Then everything froze.

The chaos and destruction had stop. The silence and stillness of the world around the two men is what caused them to notice their surroundings. They looked at each other and slowly pulled away from their fight. Both men had bruises and cuts on their faces and their knuckles were split open and bloody. They stood and walked to the entrance of the alley and observed the still world.

The buildings were in perfect shape. No cracks, no fallen bricks or collapsed buildings. The streets empty of people. It's like nothing was impacted from the earthquake.

Or was it all in their heads? Was there really an earthquake after all?

A loud boom was heard throughout the streets, followed by more slow and repetitive booms. It took awhile for both men to realize it was a clapping noise. They looked at each other in confusion and searched for the source of who was clapping. But it was everywhere, echoing throughout the abandon town. Then they felt it...

A force so dark and sinister. A vile creature whose nefarious activities put fear in all of mankind. A demon so evil that it had many names that were never spoken in fear of his malevolent behavior.

But the Devil wasn't a man whose body was red as blood, nor did he have little horns on top of his head or a tail. No, the Devil was real and he existed in all shapes and forms. He could do anything. He was the wolf that ate Little Red and her grandmother. He was your nightmares and fears. He was the darkness that made you fear the woods. He was the monster under your bed or hiding in your closet. He was everywhere and everything evil. But most of all...he was beautiful. His beauty is what caused others to be tempted to continue to commit sinister acts of evil. He tempted others to drink one more alcoholic drink and he made them into addicts.

The Devil was beautiful because he was once an angel too, and he was God's favorite.

"My, my, what an amazing show you two put on."

He walked out from the dark alley with a sinister grin on his handsome face. He wore black slacks and a dark grey dress shirt. His raven hair slicked back perfectly which showed off the strong and chiseled features of his face. His eyes were tinted red that captivated  many. He watched them with an intense stare. He looked at Grim and his eyes began to glow red before he spoke.

"Lucifer, take Grim back to the castle. I'll deal with him later."

Another man walked out of the darken alley. He was beautiful with golden locks gelled back. He looked so pure with his angelic features, but there was dark aura around him. He looked at Grim and jerked his head back signalling Grim to follow. Grim turned to glare menacingly at Death.

"This isn't over." He hissed out before turning back and stalking after Lucifer.

Both men retreated back into the alley. The devil had a wide grin on his face as he stared at Death.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Death. Allow me to introduce myself..." He bowed down at the waist and stood. "I'm Satan."

***

A/N- Already working on the next chapter :-)

Vote/Comment/Share

~K.M.C