2 | Paralyzed

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2015©

Dedicated to TheUjelly_

'A Little Death' by The Neighbourhood (song choice by psycho-pathic)

-----

The young teenage girl walked across the street over to the house. Lights were flashing through the windows and the bass of the music was extremely loud and it made the house shake with each pound.

The girl wrapped her arms around her waist. Her jacket wasn't doing a good job on keeping her warm.

Who would even throw a party in the middle of winter?

She walked up the steps to the house and knocked on the door. She knew someone probably wasn't going to hear her knocking, but she always knocked before entering someone's home. She twisted the door knob and made her way inside the house.

Young teenage boys and girls danced in the living room. There were a couple of people standing against the wall with a drink in their hands and some were making out anywhere and everywhere. Some boys and even girls threw lustful glances at her and some girls were giving her envious looks. But she ignored those looks and made her way towards the kitchen.

Many strangers offered her drinks, but she denied them.

"Annie! Annie, you're finally here."

The red-headed girl looked up and smiled at her best friend. Annie's smile faded when she noticed the glazed look in Sarah's eyes. Sarah approached her and a smile slowly graced her lips.

"Didn't think you'd show."

Annie scoffed and shook her head. She stuffed her hands into her pockets and gave a small shrug. "Thought about it." She looked at Sarah carefully and asked the question that she already knew the answer to, "You on drugs?"

Sarah's smile grew wider till she was grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"Of course! Why would you even ask a silly question like that?"

Annie gave a lazy shrug and looked around her. A girl was now on top of the coffee table stripping and dancing while the guys threw money at her. A couple of other teens were in a circle playing strip poker and others were playing beer pong. Annie shook her head and turned back to look at Sarah who now had her arm stretched out to Annie.

Sarah held two small pills in the palm of her hand. They were red at one end and blue on the other. Annie looked up at Sarah and gave her a quizzical look. Sarah sighed and placed the two pills into Annie's left hand.

"You need to loosen up. I'm serious, Annie."

She turned and walked away. Annie looked down at her hand and stared at the two pills. She sighed and stuffed them into her pockets. Annie made her way towards the door. She walked out of the house, no longer in the mood to party. She walked across the street and made her way towards the meadow behind the park. When she reached the meadow she sat down in the middle.

The meadow was her thinking place, her safe haven. She came to the meadow when she needed to get away from everything or when she felt so lost or alone. And right now she felt so goddamn alone.

"You're nothing but a cheating bastard!" Her mother yelled at her father. "You have no respect for this family. You think I wouldn't notice that you reek of another woman's perfume? Or how you come home late every single fucking night? Huh? You think I wouldn't notice?! I am not a fool, Adam!"

Annie heard a loud crash and the sound of glass shattering.

"Stop throwing things, you stupid bitch!"