" Tae never hides anything from me. I know he did wrong with you. But I assure you, Mia. He is changed." She assured me with a warm smile.

" Give him a chance." She said.

And that's it. She rose from her seat and went to bed and told me to do the same. The next day, when my eyes opened, I saw Taehyung getting ready.

" Oh ! You are up !? Get ready! We need to do some gardening." He said setting his hair.

I did as I was told and stepped out of the house. Taehyung's parents almost ran to us with straw hats. Mrs Kim put the hat on my head and Mr Kim did the same for Taehyung.

" This will protect you from the sun." Mrs Kim said smiling widely.

" Both of you, pick strawberries from the garden. "Mr Kim instructed.

We quietly walked over to the garden. We had one basket each to collect tomatoes. I was scared to pluck it because of the bugs. Taehyung taught me how to pluck them and not the whole stem.

I did as he told me to and with that I plucked quite a few

I did as he told me to and with that I plucked quite a few. Sitting in the squat position and plucking the tomatoes was quite a task. My back was already paining. I straighten my back and saw the rest of my family having fun on the other side of the garden.

They were such a happy family. And then there was me. Sulky and indifferent from them. Just like how a rotten apple might make the other apples rot in no time. Maybe, I should just keep aside my past with Taehyung and be a good member of this amazing family.

I smiled at the thought and didn't realise that a bug was crawling up on my hand. Only when I turned to pick the strawberries, I saw the bug and the ruckus I created after that!

" AAAAHHHHHHH !" I frantically shoved my hands here and there. I stood up trying to be as away from plants as possible.

" Mia! Mia !" I heard the family members' calling me out.

I was so afraid of bugs and the way I started stepping back without any idea that I might just..

* THUD *

...fall.

I opened my eyes and saw the blue sky. Wait! Why ain't I feeling no pain in my head?

" Urgh !" I heard Taehyung's groan.

I quickly veered to him and saw his pain-stricken face. He had his arm stretched out on which I was resting my head. I got up as family stepped in. Taehyung got a bruise on his elbow.

I just quietly stood in one corner, feeling sorry for his state. I didn't want to interrupt the ladies taking care of him like a little child. But turns out, they were just washing the wound so it could be treated nicely.

Before they come at me for helping them. I stepped in with a bandage. But everyone just left as soon as I showed up with a bandage. I watched them go and then at Taehyung making a puppy face with his elbow bend.

I crouched down to clean his wound and apply medicine on it. I lightly dabbed the cotton on his wound to which he reacted with pain.

" Ouch !" He cried softly.

" I'm sorry," I said focused on his wound. I started blowing air as I dab the cotton over his wound.

" What ?" He asked shocked by my words.

" I'm sorry... because of me, you hurt yourself." I paused thinking if I was doing right by talking to him nicely.

" ...and thank you for... for looking out for me." I hesitated a bit before I really let out the words.

He drew a bit closer to my face and gives his familiar boxy smile. It reminded me of the days, I would wake up with that smile.

" How many times did I told you, don't go around running in the house in excitement?" I scolded him as I dabbed the cotton on his wound.

" Ah ~ It hurts, Mia." He cried.

" It should. You don't take any precautions and on top of that, you give me less--"

I stopped as he kissed my forehead.

" What are you doing, Kim Taehyung?" I said his full name to show seriousness in my words.

" Kissing away the pain." He smiled that boxy smile of his.

I sighed. He knew too well that I would melt with that. I continued to apply ointment on his wound and he kept on kissing my forehead.

At the end, I looked up to him.

" What? Can't I just kiss my girlfriend?" He asked holding my face in his hands.

" What ?" Taehyung asked as he sees my smile fading away just like the memory.

" What's wrong ?" He asked again.

I handed him the cotton and stood up to walk inside. Throughout the day, I kept my distance from Taehyung. At night, we might sleep on the same bed but I was still wide awake.

The moon shone brightly in the lonely night as I walked over to the window. I let out a sigh. I wish...

I wish I could tell him.

' What's wrong between us ?'

So we could work on that part for a better future.

But every time, I seem to move on.

It reminds me of every moment that I spend with him.

He was the most beautiful memory that I had.

And...

He was the most painful memory that I had.

He was always a part of me.

He made me feel loved.

But...

He did make me feel that I wasn't enough.

Now I wonder...

Was it really his emotions towards me?

Or

Just a phase of life in which he wanted to be free.