Nico at a mortal school? A disaster waiting to happen.

Edit (11/5/20): ok so hi I'm rewriting this chapter months later because I decided to check up on this book again and I hate this second part. If anyone is rereading, just know that this will be very different from the first time I wrote this.

PS, Tony's alive bc I want Tony Stark being a dad

Also this is done really lazily, please let me know if I made any mistakes.

『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・_・』

"Hey Nico?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to get a job?"

"Why would I?"

I mean like, why not? We have lots of time left in our lives, so why don't we get jobs?"

"Well first of all, we don't meet requirements for lots of jobs."

".....we could use the Mist."

"........."

"What?"

"Did you, Will di Solace, just suggest using the Mist to cheat and get jobs?"

"....yes?"

"I've never been more in love with you."

Yeah, that's how the conversation went.

That's also how Nico di Solace ended up becoming a teacher at Midtown High School.

He didn't know why he became a teacher of all things. Maybe it was because Chiron, who had been looking for demigods in a school as a teacher, decided that there weren't any demigods in the school and that Nico could've taken his position instead. Maybe. It might've also been the fact that Will wanted to help out as a school nurse there. Just maybe.

But anyways, here he was, a teacher at Midtown Highschool, about to teach History class.

『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・ ̄・』『・_・』『・_・』

There were many whispers in the halls the morning the new history teacher arrived.

"—how old do you think they'll be?—"
"—are they going to be a girl or a guy?—"
"—I hope they aren't strict—"
"—hopefully they're nice—"
"—why did Mr. Brunner retire?—"
"—do ya think they'll be better than Mr. Brunner?—"

Yup. A lot of whispers.

But Peter didn't really listen to them much. He was more concerned on how Mr. Stark was doing, as he and Peter had stayed up late last night adding features to Peter's webshooters. He knew Mr Stark still had trouble falling asleep sometimes, and staying up late at night did not help with that. Plus, it had taken them awhile, but they had finally created multiple varieties of webs that Peter could use.

Peter had been staying with Mr. Stark ever since they had the funeral for Natasha. Peter thought of Natasha as a really close aunt, and when he learned that Natasha had died, he wouldn't leave his room for days. It was only when Tony came over and offered for May and Peter to live in the penthouse at SI with him he had finally left his room. Slowly, all of the Avengers had helped him heal from the pain of losing Natasha.

So far, nothing extremely terrible or amazing happened the 5 months after Thanos had been defeated. To be honest, getting a new history teacher was the second most exciting thing that happened, after moving in with Mr. Stark.

"So who do you think the new history teacher'll be?" Ned asked Peter, as they walked to their lockers.

Peter shrugged his shoulders lightly. He didn't care much, but everyone seemed to like talking about it. "I mean like, as long as they aren't a complete asshole I don't care that much."