Kayla dug around in her pocket and pulled out Arulan’s skeleton key to return to him, feeling a twinge of guilt at his annoyed expression. Glancing at the others, she noticed Dahlia sitting down again, although she was shooting Troy annoyed looks and vice versa.

                “Did you steal this from me?” Arulan asked her, plucking the key from her hand.

                Kayla nodded guiltily. “Yeah,” she admitted. “I did. But I needed it to break into the tunnels under the school.”

                “Good,” Romulus interrupted, an eager light appearing in his green eyes.

                Four heads snapped around to stare at him, questioning his sanity. Romulus looked up at them and then grinned mischievously, a smile streaking across his face.

                “Are you feeling alright?” Arulan asked tentatively.

                Romulus chuckled and then nodded. “Yeah, more than alright,” he said triumphantly. “Because I’ve narrowed a list of people down of who the spy might be.”

                “Not the wretched spy again,” Dahlia muttered, plucking out strands of hair in her agitation.

                Romulus shot her a look. “You’ll like this one, charmer, because you aren’t in it,” he told her. “Look, we know that the person is a Magician of Earth. Also, this mysterious person also has to be close enough to Arulan to be able to steal the key.”

                “The spy also had to be able to follow Kayla around or at least know her well enough to guess where she was hiding the stuff,” Troy added, catching on to Romulus’s plan.

                He nodded. “Yeah, and we also know that some information was also leaked to Varmer before, information that only members of Arulan’s private meetings would know.”

                “So that means the people who could possibly be the spy are um, Cedric, Hunter, Yasmine, Tristan, Mitchell and, well, me,” Kayla said, grimacing on the last words.

                “Or Athena,” Romulus added. “She’s a Magician of Earth too.”

                “Yes, but she doesn’t go for all the strategy meetings,” Troy argued. “Come to think of it, that’s ironic, considering how she’s a strategist.”

                Troy, Dahlia and Kayla had meet Athena during the Battle for Avalon. She had the power for figuring out the best strategy to be used in a fight, but unfortunately, she always chose the best strategy, regardless for whatever consequences might occur, provided that they would win in the end.

                “Tristan isn’t the spy,” Arulan told Kayla. “There’s no way he would betray us.”

                “How do you know that?” Kayla asked. “Personally, I find it more likely that one of the others, meaning Yasmine, Tristan, Mitchell or Athena would betray us rather than Cedric, Hunter or me.”

                “That’s because you know them,” Arulan argued. “I know Tristan. His sister died fighting Varmer’s agents; he wouldn’t betray us any more than I would.”

                “Dahlia, right?” Dahlia asked. “Tristan’s sister was Dahlia.”

                Surprise registered in Arulan’s eyes at the information that Dahlia knew. He glanced at the others; Kayla looked as stunned as he felt, Romulus looked startled but Troy looked for resigned than shocked.