12 ❥ Fractured pieces

Start from the beginning

"It's the idea of it, I don't like thinking that you're locked in somewhere." Ryk explains, and I almost collapse at how he thinks. I might not be in love with him yet, but I sure am close.

He's the definition of sweet, no matter how hard his exterior is. He's my favorite person.

✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥

Ryk

"He killed Wheeler. Does that mean nothing to you? He's dangerous, evil. He needs to pay for his crimes!" That beta female demands, glaring at me with fury in her eyes.

I don't blame this female for hating me. I killed her friend. It's understandable, but I don't care. I give her a bored look despite my nerves, hugging Tressandra to me a little closer.

"That's for me to decide. That's why we're here, but since you're causing so much trouble, I think it would be better if you just left." Alpha Veiler commands, pointing to the front door with his head. His beta looks more than pissed as she presses her lips together and storms out without another word, leaving the Alpha to turn to me. I growl at him.

I don't want to be in this stupid meeting, I hate people, hate everyone, except for my mate. I guess I have to get this over with eventually, right? At least Veiler gave me the option to have the meeting in cabin we've been given, it puts me more at ease, despite the stressful situation. I have to talk to the Alpha so I can hear what's to be done with me.

I've killed people, I've done things I wish I hadn't, and this male has the potential to take away all the happiness in my life, the female werewolf that is right in front of me.

My mate draped in my lap reminds me what I'm fighting for.

I can hardly believe she's even real. Tressandra is perfect, beautiful, sweet. She makes me smile. I've always smiled, but never like this. Smiling comes as easy as breathing when I'm around her. I love her. I need her. The thought of losing her kills me, makes me want to kill.

I think Tressandra likes sitting in my lap, because she always cuddles up to me. I try to convince myself that she needs me as much as I need her, but I know that's not true. She's the only thing keeping me sane. Even after the Red Alpha is gone, supposedly killed by Ezra, my brain is still a fractured mess. Tressandra is the glue keeping those fractured pieces together.

"Would you like to let Tressa leave before we continue?" He dares to ask. I shake my head at him in disgust. How dare he even think I would consider that?

"I can leave if you need me to." Tressandra speaks up, and I look down at her, knowing she's only trying to be helpful.

"No." I whisper to her in a soft tone. "I want you here."

She shrugs her shoulders, smiling at me, and I melt on the inside. Tressandra tucks her head under my neck, and I feel like it's a piece of a puzzle sliding into place. I notice Veiler staring, so I get talking.

"Can we get this over with?" I ask, and Veiler nods his head. Tressandra looks away quickly when he takes a few steps forward. Tressandra always dodges looking at the Alpha King. She's down right terrified of him.

I don't blame her. He's a freightening figure. He never smiles, never laughs. Veiler's face is another story. He has nasty scars, and ruby red eyes that look they belong to a demon. Not to mention, he's several inches taller than me, and I'm not exactly short at 6'7".

"How did you meet the Red Alpha, and do you know her name?" Cedric asks, and I can't help narrowing my eyes on him in confusion. Something isn't adding up here.