Full of surprises

Start from the beginning

That's when he started singing 'perfect' by Ed Shreen and every other sound faded away, it was just his guitar and his voice, he seemed to completely own everyone's attention, mine definitely included.

"I found a girl for me..."

As he finished the song the whole diner burst in cheers. Charles thanked them and ran towards me and he twirled me again. He seemed to do that a lot today. I smiled back and hugged him. For a moment I thought we had a moment there as we stared at each other but I quickly dismissed that thought.

But the people wanted more so they started chanting, "Kiss, kiss, Kiss!" We looked at each other, embarrassed this time. But he leaned in. I didn't like that at all.

"Hey, don't freak out okay? It'll be over before you know it." I nodded and our lips met. A few caresses and it was done. He was right. He held me with a smile, we both bowed to the crowd and eventually we had to leave.

I texted Tris that I was alright, when I saw his twelve missed calls and twenty two messages.

"So you want to become a singer?" I asked not wanting the conversation to take any awkward turns.

"Wanted. Past. I have given up long ago."

"Why?"

"You know why." Family business. Yeah I knew. I wondered if Tris would ever have to give up his passion for our business. But I could always take ove... No, father didn't even want me studying.

"So have you written any songs?" I questioned.

"Yes but you won't like them. They're not that good." I just shrugged. What if they were actually bad? I smiled sadly and said,

"Isn't it weird? The one who wants... wanted to be a singer had to take over business and the one who actually wants to do just that, has to fight to even study." We looked at each other and for a few minutes actually got lost, with sorrowful smiles plastered on our faces.

"That and pole dancing." Charles joked and handed me the helmet.

When we reached the Black Mansion, we bid each other good night.

"Everything will be fine, Lena. Just don't give up like me. Take care of yourself." He leaned and placed a kiss on my forehead before putting his helmet back on.

I turned and Tris spent the first five minutes cheking if I was hurt. I rolled my eyes and filled him in.

"Can I sleep with you? It's just with drugs and everything, I can't sleep." I know my brother can be an imbecile but he's a cute imbecile. You just can't say no to him.

I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his on mine because he was too big to play small spoon now. I'm sure I slept first. My last though being,

'Why does Charles have to be rude when I can have him and so sweet when I can't have him?'

The whole next week was a panic attack. I was so stressed about exams, I refused to go out of my room unless we were going for exams. Everyone tried but no one succeeded.

Finally, Charles decided to cook chicken for me the third day and lasagne the fourth day. He was indeed full of surprises. But he had to bring the food to my mouth. Yes, I made him feed me. Then he got fed up and left. Something about feeling like my babysitter.

When I finally stepped out of my college after the last exam I was ambushed by guys. Not exactly, but three in particular,

"Phew! That was exhausting." Sam said beside me.

"Are you going to start interacting with fellow humans beings now?" Tris teased.

"We have our engagement party tomorrow night." Charles delivered. I groaned.