16. I hate the Gym

We were now friends but to be honest, it wasn't like we were friends or if we were, we had different definitions of friends. He continued being the glaring and gloomy Derek I had come to know. The only difference was that he greeted me or sometimes we talked very little which most of the talk was done by me. However, I noted that he had changed a little. He spent the whole day at the sitting room and never did he spend time in his room with the door closed which was a huge relief for me. At least I could keep an eye on him.

It was on a Friday afternoon and I was spending the afternoon with Lisa after Derek had given me permission. She had forced me to go to the gym with her which I didn't love. My body was clearly not meant for the gym but Lisa insisted and that's how I ended up breathless on the gym floor panting as if my life depended on it.

Lisa's face appeared above me and I could see a mocking grin on her face.

"Can we go now?" I asked her as I made a pouting look hoping that it would convince her. Instead, she lifted me to my feet.

"We have only been here for half an hour," She said to me as she rolled her eyes.

"And that's beat my previous record of time spent in gym by thirty minutes. I never exercise," I said still panting and looking at the ground.

"Fine even though you haven't exercised even a single bit," she gave in which made me beam in happiness. If I had spent another minute in the gym, I would have died.

"You really need to get fit Olivia," Lisa said to me as we walked out of the gym that was in the basement of the building complex.

"A step at a time woman," I scolded her making her laugh.

"It's a wonder how you have a perfect body," she said to me as we walked into the elevator.

I repeated the words in my mind. Did she say that I had a perfect body?

Lisa might have seen the look on my face. "I take the words back," she said to me but I was already smiling in excitement.

"Too late, I have a perfect body," I sang her words which made her annoyed. However, she burst out laughing as the elevator rose.

"So how has work been?" I asked her hoping that my advice that I had given her had helped.

"Hectic," she said making my smile drop.

"Oh!" That's the only thing I could manage to say.

"My father made me in charge of the IT of the company and its been a lot of work," she said with a smile and I sighed in relief. For a moment, I had thought that I had given her the wrong advice.

"How did it happen?" I asked as we walked out of the elevator.

"I kinda made a suggestion in one of the meeting that impressed father. After you advised me, I realised that I didn't give father a reason to trust me enough to make me in charge of the IT. So I decided to be more verbal on IT and he realised that I was better heading the IT department of the company," she explained to me and I was thrilled that my advice had helped her a lot.

"That's really good for you," I said to her.

"Thanks Olivia," she told me and all I could do was smile. I was fluttered as she was thanking me.

"Anyway, what about you?" She asked me once we entered her apartment. She went straight for the fridge and came back with juice.

"Same. Just cleaning and cooking," I said as I took the glass of cold juice and took a long sip of the juice. I really needed that as the gym had made me exhausted and thirsty.