Chapter 17

"Good morning, Kim." Ruri smiled as Kim shuffled into the clinic office. She yawned ans stretched against the door frame.

"Morn'." She mumbled. "We're gonna help out with the cloth making shit today. It's all hands on deck."

"Sounds good." Ruri put away some of the drawings Kim had done. The pair met up with the crafting team. While Yuzuriha was working the loom, Yo and Taiju were dying fabric and cutting it into manageable pieces.

"Since when are you considered crafty?" Kim snaked at Yo.

"Your guess is as good as mine." He muttered trying to cut a straight line.

"Kim!" Yuzuriha called. "Can you make thread?"

"Of course!" Ruri had joined the other villagers in sewing the cloth together.

After getting a quick lesson from the other thread spinners, Kim got comfortable. She quietly listened to the conversation around her ranginf from what was for supper that night to how a hot air Ballon worked.

From her vantage point along the ledge over looking the entire camp, she could see the crazy amount of cloth Yuzuriha was pumping out. The dying vats they had made as well as those working on the ship.

Nearly half the day went by before Taiju raced up saying Yuzuriha needed her quickly. Thinking she had been hurt, she raced down to the work tent as fast as she could.

"Are you hurt?" She asked breathlessly, bursting into the tent.

"Oh! No, I need models." She smiled softly. Ruri, Kinro, Suika and Kasaki were also in the tent.

"Models?! Like a fashion show!?" She asked excitedly. Yuzuriha nodded. "Fuck yeah!!"
Kim helped everyone get into their clothes Yuzuriha had picked out. Cooing over Suika's adorable dress and Ruri's fashionable outfit.

Kasaki and Kinro pulled at their outfits after coming out from behind the partician.

"Oh sweet baby Jesus." Kim gasped. Kinro's outfit was something she had seen a college professor wear, but, lord, he could pull it off.

Kasaki had a beautiful three piece suit. Kim beckoned him over to her.

"You look like a Mob Boss and I fucking love it." She said braiding a section of his beard.

"I hope that's a good thing." He chuckled

"Of course!" Sge dug through a container of accessories "Oh she's made little skull cufflinks and a spikey bracelet. I'm gonna make you look so damn sharp."

Yuzuriha exited the tent to talk to the gathered crowd. Kim was adjusting the outfit she had been given. It was a floor length skirt with an, unfortunately, modest slit up one leg and an open shouldered crop top.

"Kim, that looks fantastic on you!" Ruri complimented. The others nodded.

"Do you think she'll be mad if I just tore this a bit?" Kim fiddled with the slit in her skirt. Yuzuriha walked back into the tent as she pulled lightly on the two hems.

"Don't you dare, Kimberly." She said forcefully.

"But, it's so long!" She whined. "

"It's tasteful!" She held up a finger. Kim gave her a dead look. "She sighed. "I know you say you're not tasteful..."

"But, I am tasty." She interrupted, smiling devilishly.

"But! You are in my clothes, so you are now." Kim clicked her tongue in irritation before trying to fix her hair. Ruri came over to help as best she could.