Chapter 2

Gen had stayed in Kim's alcove for a few days until she was sure there was no internal bleeding. She had kept trying to pry into what had happened while he was gone but he stayed fairly tight lipped and his story never changed.
After he left for his own little area, Kim wrapped her cloak around her shoulders and quickly walked to the Throne Room.

"Tsukasa!" She called as she sauntered through the cave mouth.

"Yes, Kim. What can I help you with?" Tsukasa answered. Hyoga glared at her over his shoulder. She waved her hand dismissively.

"I can wait until you're done chit-chat ting with Hyoga." she folded her arms an cocked her hip, looking around the cave.

"I'll come back." Hyoga growled. He turned quickly and walked past her. She smiled at him and waved. He sneered.

"I don't understand why you two don't get along." Tsukasa signed.

"I don't trust him is all. Call it my woman's intuition. But, he rubs me the wrong way." She stepped closer to him. "I have a favor to ask you." He raised an eyebrow.
Kim took a deep breath, suddenly nervous. " Teach me how to fight." She demanded. "Please."
Tsukasa stared at her, calculating. Suddenly, he chuckled.

"Why would you need to know how to fight? With all these strong men around..."

"Because of that." She inturrupted. "I'm not gonna put my life in the hands of another man. I want to know how to defend myself." Her mind flashed to the beating she had taken just before she was turned to stone. She could see Tsukasa's face soften. "I don't want to go through what I have, again."

"Of course." He nodded. "Then yes, I'll teach you as much as I can." She smiled widely. "We'll start in two days."
He stood and walked over to her. "I'll make sure you'll never have to go through anything like that again." He patted her on the shoulder. Kim nodded her thanks.

~

"Kim, you have to keep your feet solid." Tsukasa reminded her. Kim groaned. This was worse than dance classes.

"Show me again." She demanded. She got back into her first form again, waiting.

"Of course." Tsukasa stood arms length away from her. Feet shoulder width apart, one slightly ahead of the other. Fists clenched an raised to protect the face. He began counting slowly, each number calling for a different form.
Kim struggled to keep her movements sharp and solid. Years of dance had her body wanting to keep her movement fluid. Her face scrunched in concentration. She thought of each movement ending against a brick wall. Giving her a solid stop to her forms.
Tsukasa called out the final number and Kim let out a 'HAI' as she struck her final pose.
"You're catching on quickly." Tsukasa smiled as he looked over her final form. He adjusted her arms a bit allowing better coverage of her face. "You've taken other classes before?"

"Dance." she chuckled. She relaxed her body an stretched her shoulders. "I'm surprised more people haven't figured out who I am yet."

"Agreed." He beckoned for her to follow him back. "Though your music wasn't excatly mainstream." He chuckled, remembering how her band was the music talent on the episode of the show him an Gen had starred in.
Her music had a certain haunting feeling to it. She worked with dissonance and clashing lyrics. He remembered the chills he had gotten listening to her that day.

"Why don't you sing again?" He asked suddenly. Kim signed, tying the cloak around her shoulders an catching up to him.

"I have nothing to sing about." She shrugged. "No reason."
She really had no reason to sing much anymore. Sometimes she'll sing a song or two for Ukyo or Yo just to make sure she could or because they asked.
But, for her to preform again... She didn't think that'll ever happen again.