10

| Four Months Later |

A thwack woke me up. Ow?

Blinking, I scrubbed a hand down my face, then sat up and looked around confused until my eyes settled on what had woken me up. Or rather, who.

Hey, princess, I signed with a tired smile. I then shifted onto my side when Elana grinned back and started climbing into the bed with me. I wrapped my arm around her and chuckled when she started bouncing her body on the mattress. I tackled her down and pulled up her pajama blouse to blow a raspberry on her stomach.

Clapping was her way of laughing. She wheezed out some breathy sounds that melted my heart, but fuck, it was worth the puddle. Grinning back up at her, she stuck her tongue out at me and started signing. Where is Smurf?

– Yeah, you best believe I'd taught Elana to call her Smurf.

I don't know, I signed back, taking a glance around our bedroom, realizing she wasn't here. Last I saw her, she was drooling on my stomach after I fucked her to sleep.

Twice.

Let's go find her, I signed and then pecked Elana on her shoulder before she nodded in agreement and bounced off the bed. I couldn't believe she was almost six. Princesses grew up so fast.

I quickly grabbed a pair of boxers and put them on before taking Elana's hand and letting her drag me into the kitchen. I covered a yawn in my hand on the way. How long had I been asleep anyways?

"Smurf?" I called into the apartment, Elana still dragging me along, now going for the living room when the kitchen was empty. "Zoe?"

"In here!" Came a muffled sound from the small room adjoining the living room; The laundry room. I instantly alerted Elana, telling her to check if maybe she'd fallen into the washing machine.

Grinning when she pulled me along, I couldn't hold back my laugh when true enough, Smurf was bent over the washing machine, top half of her body inside it while the bottom half dangled out, her feet unable to reach the ground. She refused to use the stepladder I had bought her because apparently, she wasn't cute enough as it was doing normal tasks.

"Need some help?" I smirked and watched as Elana let go of my hand and trotted over to grab Smurf's leg, trying to pull her out. I heard a frustrated, slightly annoyed sound come from inside the laundry machine.

"I'm fine. I just need to get this last sock so can start the dryer—ow!"

I heard a hollow thwacking sound. Was she hitting the machine for hitting her? I repressed my laugh. Okay, maybe I didn't. I finally walked over while she was huffing angrily and wrapped my hands around her waist, pulling her out. After setting her down and grinning at her unamused face, I bent and high-fived Elana with a smirk. Team work.

"This is your fault, you know," She growled while I reached inside the machine with ease and grabbed the last sock. It was one of Elana's tiny ones that had gotten stuck at the bottom. "If you had just bought the washing machine I wanted, then we wouldn't be having this problem."

"But what fun would that've been?" Chugging the last sock into the dryer, Zoe snorted at me and closed the washing machine with a slam.