15

| July |

Ceynius:
Hey babe, we still
on for later?

ZoOnThat:
Yeah why not,
I'm not too busy 2day

I grinned and fired a quick last message, before shooting out of bed like a man on a mission.

Ceynius:
Cool, see u at the
end of the aisle then xx

I was getting married today. I, Caleb Montrell, aka the luckiest man on earth, was getting married to the greatest girl on earth today, and I couldn't believe the day had finally come. Had I been waiting for it like a kid waited for Christmas, his birthday and the tooth fairy all at once? Yes. Yes, I had. And still, it didn't quite compare.

I was marrying my dream girl today, how many could say that?

Smurf and I had spent the night apart (because some traditions mattered, alright?) to make the wedding night more special, but I was starting to slowly regret that as I woke up to an empty bed and a lonesome apartment. I couldn't fucking wait to see her again. Since knowing her and claiming her as my one and only Smurf, I hadn't spent a night apart from her, except for when I went to Italy for a few days, but after this day, I wasn't planning to ever again.

"I'm coming for you, Smurf," I cheekily told my reflection as I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth with a victorious grin.

Elana had spent the night with Mia and Eli as well. Eli was coming by my place later to help me get ready for the day, and as the best man, to make sure I moved my ass up the aisle. Although I think holding me back from sprinting up there as fast as I could would be a more likely job description for him today.

I got showered and shaved, and just as I was walking out to change into some temporary clothes (until it was time to put on the monkey suit), I heard the front door go. From the slightly more forcible slam than necessary, I knew my best man had arrived.

"Whaddup, man?" I grinned at Eli, who gave me a grunt and immediately slung down in my couch and turned the TV on. He flipped through the channels until he found a game.

And that was Eli for you.

"Missed you too," I snorted, before grabbing a cereal box with some lucky charms; Elana's favorite. I slammed a dry handful of it into my mouth and dropped into the couch next to him. "Mia didn't let you watch the game last night?"

"Wanted to practice the fucking flower thing with Elana in the living room," He flatly responded, although I sensed a bit less animosity when he mentioned my sister's name.

"How's she doing? Is she loving her dress? You remembered to tell her to eat a good breakfast today, right, because she's gonna need the energy and—"

"Relax," Eli shot me a brief hard look. "Mia's got a handle on it. She and Zoe were all over the fucking hotel room last night. I think they even prepared in case a fucking tsunami hits."

I breathed out a sigh of relief and then grinned. Mia definitely had a handle on it. She had been a tremendous help in planning the wedding, helping out with all the small details that Zoe and I would've missed. Zoe had joked that she believed that she was practicing for her own wedding.