14

• I admit this one is mostly a filler chapter. But enjoy nonetheless •

| May |

It was morning. My Smurf was asleep and my pillow was covered in blue hairs. She shredded like a collie, but somehow her head remained a thick mob of short pixie blue hair that currently resembled Einstein's coolest updo. She was a fucking fashionista even when comatose.

Watching her sleep, I could feel a sudden mood coming on. Oh, shit, she's in trouble. A really warm and fuzzy sensation in my stomach made me want to wake her up and cover her in stinky morning kisses just because I couldn't fucking help myself. I shouldn't do it, though. I really shouldn't. I shouldn't.

- I also shouldn't hack into governments and steal confidential files, but whoops, slippery fingers, and now my mouth was slipping, too. I should maybe see a doctor about that, it sounded like a serious problem. For her. Right now, though, I had a job to do.

Rolling up to Smurf, I wrapped my arm around her waist below the duvet and buried my nose in her blue hair. It was like getting lost in the cookie monster's pubes. The fuck, brain? Humming, I gave her a squeeze and started kissing her head, going slow at first, but then more persistently when she didn't wake up right away.

– Today, I, Caleb Montrell, was going to see how many inches of a woman's comatose body I could kiss before that woman slapped your balls and started whining in her half-sleep.

Attacking her cute little head with kisses, I couldn't help but grin when I heard the first sleepy whine come from my Smurf. She started flailing around when I pulled the covers down to her shoulder, pecking at her like a bird. When I got to the crook of her neck, I blew a fucking raspberry. Why? Because why not.

"Caleb!" She shrieked when it tickled, then squirmed like crazy and tried to twist around when I captured her up against me, wrapping my legs around her and cuddling her up real good. If she thought she was escaping me having a mood, she was crazier than me, and at this point, that was really saying something. "Caleb?!"

"Morning, future wifey," I said between kisses, not at all bothering to hide the smugness in my voice. "Sleep well? Dreamt good? Wanna do a stretchie?"

I didn't stop littering her with kisses, and I knew at this point I was driving her insane in the best way possible. She kept squealing and moving around in my arms, making me laugh as she tried to wiggle out. Sorry, Smurf, but you made me love you, so now this is your problem.

"Caleeeeeb!" She finally managed to flip around in my arms, but that only resulted in my lips finding hers, sealing over them and shutting her up. My hand stroked across her cheek, swiping away her blue hair that stuck to her skin in strands. I heard her croon softly against my mouth before relaxing, letting my tongue snark out and find hers. Nothing was better than sloppy, wet, pre-toothbrush kisses in the morning.

Okay, maybe I could think of a few better things.

I finally pulled away from her lips when she was breathless and trying to steal my air. She gulped in a mouthful, then opened her eyes, those beautiful brown stubborn, yet cute ones that always seemed to reduce my IQ to below the 60's when she looked at me. When she shyly licked her lip, I could actually feel my intelligence leaving me one braincell at a time. Goodbye. Adios. We're heading south, see you in a couple of hours, broski.

Goddamn, they were gonna abandon me completely if she kept looking at me like that.

"Hey," I said like the dumbest motherfucker in the world, blank of any other thing to say. Smurf was still looking at me, and what she was thinking I couldn't goddamn tell. Maybe that I was crazy and she couldn't understand why she stayed with me. I wouldn't blame her, because that's what I was constantly thinking. How the fuck did I even land a girl like her?