5

Guess what, I was bored again. And yes, that had officially become Smurf's problem.

The curse about having a super active brain and a mild case of ADHD (okay, maybe not so mild), was that you quickly got bored of the same thing. Now, when you were hiding and your options of doing things were considerably more limited, guess what, you fucking lost your mind in boredom. So, I had resorted to helping Smurf with her school homework.

Ceynius:
You made a
calculative error in
your dissertation,
Smurf

I grinned and then watched the dots appear as I pulled up her paper and highlighted her mistake. What would she have done without me?

ZoWithThat:
For fuck's sake,
stop messing with
my things!!!

I chuckled and shook my head. Even days later, she was still trying to find a way out of my black hole, and I had to give it to her, she tried hard. I had been with girls who worked less in bed than she did on her laptop, yet she wasn't even gunning for a climax. And she was still more motivated than them. And passionate.

My eyes slowly drifted to a folder on her laptop that I hadn't dared to open after the first time I was going through her things out of boredom—and now before you start, exactly what do you expect of a person who hacks for a living? I liked knowing things, liked going through other people's personal files, and at first, she had been just another hacker challenging my game. But then, something happened.

I actually started to like her.

Rubbing my face, I shook it with a weird, flubbery sound leaving my mouth.

I didn't normally do this sort of thing, but I think maybe my boredom had allowed me to get close enough to her to actually develop a connection other than just an virtual one. There was a high chance she still hated me for keeping her laptop trapped, but I had to admit I was beginning to like this girl. And more so to it, I was beginning to respect her.

She had done peace protests, had filed several letters to Congress about legalizing weed, had done more protests for equal rights of both gender and color, and had volunteered at an animal shelter when she was sixteen up until her eighteenth birthday where she enrolled at the Alexandrettia on her own merit. Her parents wanted her to be a doctor and I saw her transcripts from where she had applied to several other Ivy League schools, but in the end she had chosen the Alexandrettia to pursue her dream of becoming an IT expert and software developer. Encryption was her thing.

And whilst going through all these files, somewhere along the way, my stupid brain went 'aww' then 'fuck' then 'holy shit' and then 'double fuck'. And just around the time it decided it liked her, that's when I stumbled upon that folder.

– The folder I wished I'd never seen.

Running my hands through my hair, I exhaled hard and then groaned.

I had been scrolling through her pictures... innocent pictures of her at the shelter... holding kitties, then pictures of her at Low Point, drinking and doing peace signs with her hands... and then the photos came. Plural, I assumed, although I never made it past the first one.

In bed, wearing a lacy black gothic lingerie set, she had been almost naked and most definitely fucking hot as she'd been lying there with a blunt in her hand, smoking weed with her tongue lolling goofily at the camera on her computer. Was that a Saturday to her? Man, I hoped so.

I had stared with my jaw on the floor for about five whole seconds before Jesus slapped me ass-wise and made me close the whole folder down and lock it away.