Part 21

Chapter 21
DIMITRI Pt 2

I woke up extra early that day, I needed some time alone before facing the long day that was to come. I wasn't quite sure what the girls would be doing, besides shopping. I had to come up with some assessment for Rose to complete on the excursion but I also had to make sure she enjoyed herself and spent some quality time with her best friend.

This is why I was mostly waking up early. You'd think I would have done this last night but for once I was in persistent. I finished tying my shoe laces and got up off my bed. I grabbed my drink bottle before heading to the gym. I always exercised every morning, it helped me take my mind off everything. As I reached the entrance of the gym, I opened it and began running laps.

"Mind if I join you?" I heard a voice say as the door closed.

"Not at all," I replied with a huffed voice. I looked to my side and saw Mason Ashford trying to catch up, with a big smile plastered on his features.

We ran for a few more minutes before deciding it was time to take a break. I was a little out of breath and dehydrated.

"How do you make running look so effortless?" Mason asked, completely out of breath.

"I do? I didn't even realise. I guess the key is to just keep imagining a Strigoi attacking. You've got to get away and the only way for you to survive is to just run. This motivates me to continue going even when I feel as though my body no longer supports me," I responded with a shrug.

I take a sip of my water and begin to walk out, Mason runs up to me and soon we fall into step. I look towards and I can see that he looks like he has something he wants to say but isn't given the chance when his mate, Eddie Castile, enters the commons. I part ways with them and head towards my dorm room to prepare.

* * * * * *
[Shopping trip]

"So tell me Comrade, why do you suppose I do when a Strigoi appears?" Rose asked.

"I highly doubt a Strigoi would be stupid enough to attack in a public place full of witnesses, during day time," I reply calmly. Something appears to be wrong with my heart, it seems to be beating quite frantically when Rose is around. Is this what it feels like to be in love? Is this even love? No, of course not! I can't have feelings for my student, that is purely unprofessional and illegal.

"Imagine being one of these people. Imagine being human, not having a care in the world. Living life free and not having to worry about having to go to an elite school to train how to protect someone else's life. Just imagine being normal, have you ever thought what it'd be like to just be normal Dimitri?" Rose asked as she turned her head to the side to meet my eyes. I wasn't quite sure what I was suppose to say to that.

"It has crossed my mind, but I wouldn't want to change anything that has happened so far in my life," I reply.

"Yeah, neither would I," she said with a small smile. I frowned for a second but dismiss whatever thoughts I was having.

"Rose, come look at this," Lissa says excitedly. Rose smiles at me for a brief moment and runs over to her best friend's side. I walk over to the other Guardian and lean against a corner of a wall. Rose and Lissa are admiring a black dress, and they don't seem in any danger so I shift my attention from them for a bit. My eyes land on the lip gloss Rose has been ranting on about for the whole week. She has mentioned something about it finishing and wanting to get more. I walk over to the shelf and grab it without being noticed. I look over to Rose and Lissa and I can see them admiring a necklace so I quickly walk over to the counter and pay for the lip gloss and chuck it into my black duster pocket.

"Girls, it's time we started heading back," Prince Victor said with a soft voice. His condition was just getting worse and worse. Poor man, he didn't deserve what was occurring to him.

When we got back to the black SUV, I sat in the back beside Rose. Her body seemed to stiffen at first but grew comfortable as time passed. That got me even more confused. Why would she be affected by my presence? Did she return my feelings? This was not good, this was too dangerous. I had to stop this madness I was getting myself into.

"So tell me Comrade, how did you like the dress? Do you think I'll good in it?" Rose suddenly inquired. I take this as her way of making small talk.

"I think you'll endanger the school with it," I say with a smile. She blushes with a smile and quickly changes the subject to how had gone with the assessment. We begin to discuss Guardian business, when she falls asleep. She rests her head on my shoulder and I take off my duster really carefully and put it around her. I also rest my arm around her shoulders, pushing her to me. My body instantly warms up, and I can feel the goosebumps begin to form.

Butterflies are dancing in my stomach and I feel like I'm on a blue cloud. I look over at Rose and examine her beautiful face. The way her she scrunches up her nose when she thinks of something she dislikes and the way her eyes fall closed. I found myself grinning like a fool. I looked around me to make see whether anyone had witnessed that, but everyone was either asleep or not paying attention to anything.

I quickly lean over into Rose's ear and whisper, "Have a good nap Roza."

Before I kiss her softly on her warm, soft, delicate cheeks.

# z # # * # # * z # # * z # # * z # # * z # # * z #

Hey gois, hey gois, hey gois,  I finally updated. This is horrible but at least it's something. I haven't updated in like forever because I've been trying to transfer this onto my laptop and that has been taking me a while. I'm only on chapter 7. When I finish, most of the chapters will be edited and will have some new things added to it.

Okay enough about me, how have you guys been going? I haven't heard from anyone in ages (not that anyone ever talks to Mr anyway. Lol that loner life)

Thank you guys so much for voting. I've noticed some of you guys have been spamming me with votes so thank you very much, I would mention you all except for the fact that it's midnight and I have school tomorrow and I should be getting my bum to sleep.

Have a good day/ night

~ Bertha 99 ~