The New Queen

A month has passed since Chelia learned about the Queen's death. A war between the two kingdoms had broken out. Though she didn't like it, she was now Queen. And as you'd expect, Chelia was doing horribly. Chelia knew nothing about warfare, and her kingdom was loosing the war. However when it came to helping her subjects, Chelia was better than her Mother. But something kept bothering her. She was so mean to Wendy. She told her she never wanted to see her again. However Chelia didn't regret her words. Wendy had lied to her about her Mother's death. She couldn't trust her.

Even after a month, there was no word from Wendy. No one had even seen her recently. It was like she just disappeared. Chelia was conflicted. She was worried for Wendy, but she hated her at the same time.

Chelia was sitting in the throne room when Romeo walked inside. He got on his knees and bowed.

Romeo: "Your Highness, we have received word from the enemy kingdom"

Chelia: "What is it?"

Romeo: "The king would like to meet with you. He says he has a solution to end the war"

Chelia: "I'm not going, I'm not that stupid"

Romeo: "You misunderstand, he is coming here, to your castle"

Chelia: "What?!"

Romeo: "He will be here tomorrow. Shall we let him in?"

Chelia: "No! Don't let him in! Kill him the first chance you get!!"

Romeo: "With all do respect, killing the king would be unwise"

Chelia: "I don't care, he had my Mother killed in his throne room. He deserves to die too"

Romeo: "Killing him would result in a war that won't end. The prince of the other kingdom will take the throne and continue the battle"

Chelia curled up in the throne so her legs were against her chest.

Chelia: "I-I can't keep doing this... H-How did Mother ever manage to be Queen...?"

Romeo: "Her Highness had many years to prepare, however you haven't. So you are at a disadvantage. However unlike your Mother, you have the respect of every citizen in the kingdom. Even the slaves are in favor of you, ever since you made it law to treat them well and make sure they have every necessity needed"

Chelia: "But I'm no good at this whole war thing. If I surrender, I'll be executed. And if we keep fighting, more people will die. I know the right choice is to surrender... but..."

Tears dripped down Chelia's eyes.

Chelia: "I-I don't wanna die...."

Romeo: "As long as I live, I will never let anyone hurt you"

Chelia: "Thanks Romeo... and you don't have to call me "Your Highness". I'm just thankful I still have you"

Romeo: "I'm still surprised you let me stay after you became Queen"

Chelia: "With Wendy gone, I needed someone to help me through this. And you've done just that. Thank you"

Romeo: "It's been my pleasure. Oh one more thing"

Chelia: "Yeah?"

Romeo: "The king said he would be coming alone. He said he just came to talk"

Chelia: "Fine, I'll humor him. But make sure guards are near him 24/7 and are around me 24/7 when he is here"

Romeo: "Consider it done"

Chelia: "Also... have you... you know..."

Romeo: "There has been no sign of Wendy anywhere in the kingdom"