| 46 |

Aftermath

46

Wakanda.

"IF I CAN HELP two of them." He finished.

"You know if they find out he's here." Steve said, turning to look at him. "They'll come for him."

T'Challa turned his head, smirking slightly as he looked out the window.

"I'll let them try."

___________________

"Sometimes, we need to stop analyzing the past and start planning the future."

|. . .

I leaned back in my chair, letting loose a small sigh.

That's where the story ended, didn't it? Because it was just a story, and nothing else.

It wasn't a memory, or anything else.

Just a story.

I shook my head bitterly, knowing full well this was anything but a story. I could only wish the memories were anything else but memories.

There was the sudden sound of knocking on my door and I shut my computer, spinning around in my chair.

"Angelika it's urgent!" Steve said from the other side and I raised an eyebrow, slightly confused.

I stood up, unlocking my door and pulling it open. Steve stood in front of my door with a grin on his face, his eyes twinkling happily.

"What is it Uncle Steve?" I asked curiously, wondering why he was so happy.

"They're taking him out of cryo!" He beamed and I stared at him.

"Come again?" I asked and his stupid grin widened.

"Bucky. They're taking him out today!"

My mouth dropped open and I grinned, hugging him tightly.

"Oh my god!" I said with a gasp, letting go of him before rushing towards the elevator.

"Hey wait for me!" Steve said, entering the elevator with a beam.

"When did you hear about this?" I asked quickly, hoping we weren't going to be late.

"Just now. T'Challa said to get you and come down." He said, a happy chuckle leaving his mouth as the elevator doors closed, lowering to my papa's floor.

"Are you ready to see him?" I said, feeling nervous.

I knew my papa would be the same as two years ago, but I had changed- I mean, it had been two years and I'd been living without him. I nervously fiddled with my fingers as the elevator doors opened.

The two of us stepped out of the elevator. I rushed to the cryostasis chamber, only to see it empty.

"You guys made it!" Sam said, chuckling as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Pigeon! Is he awake?" I asked quickly, hoping they hadn't used the chair on him as soon as he was taken out.

"He's asleep."

I looked up to see T'Challa leaving a small hospital-like room. There was a window to look inside, and I leaned forward at the sight of my papa who lay on a white hospital bed. His chest was rising and falling rhythmically as he slept quietly.