| 39 |

CA: CW

39

Berlin, Germany.

ANGELIKA STEPPED OUT OF the van as they drove into a huge building.

Steve was still shaken up by her conversation with Rumlow- who he had seen blowup. And her words on HYDRA had him unsettled. His mind was whirling with thoughts, and he couldn't help but wonder if HYDRA was growing right under their noses again.

His thoughts disappeared however, at the sight of his best friend being moved inside a glass holding container.

Angelika caught sight of him and rushed towards him. Steve grabbed her hand gently before she could possibly cause a commotion.

"You'll only make things worse." Steve said honestly and Angelika looked at him, before glancing back at her papa.

He looked okay from here, and she could see he was still breathing.

Bucky caught her eye for a second, giving her a reassuring nod. Angelika nodded back at him before turning back to stand besides Steve.

Sam got out of the car, along with T'Challa.

They turned and walked towards a group of people waiting for them. Angelika held her bag of plums tightly as her only feeling of reassurance.

"What's going to happen to him?" Steve asked a man dressed in a suit.

The way several agents surrounded him told Angelika this man was important, but she also knew it wasn't Pierce, since his face was too. . .young.

"What's ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man said curtly.

Angelika gulped.

Psychological evaluation? Did her papa have problems? And why were they doing that?

"This is Everett Ross. Deputy Task Force Commander." The woman besides him said.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked and the man scoffed.

"A lawyer? That's funny." Ross said before glancing down at Angelika.

"And who are you, young lady?" He asked and Angelika flinched away from him.

"He's not going to hurt you." Steve said gently to her and she shook her head vigorously, her hands trembling.

"She's Barnes's kid." Sam said, stepping forwards.

Angelika nodded in agreement and the man's frown deepened.

"Are you saying-" he said slowly.

"That you open fired on a child?" Steve finished for him and he nodded. "Yeah. Yeah you sure did."

Ross sighed, grumbling in annoyance.

"See their weapons are placed in lockup." He paused. "Oh we'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam said as they started waking forwards again.

She shuffled forwards, glancing back at her papa who was clearly uncomfortable. He looked up at her just as the doors to his containment area closed.

They walked down a long walkway over a river, causing Angelika to look at anything but the glass floor.

"You'll be provided with an office, instead of a cell." Ross said. "And do me a favor- stay in it."