Chapter twenty-six- All a mistake

Me and Jagger decide to go to the coffee shop he was talking about. It's called "Beverly's Cafe."

"You'll like it, trust me." Jagger tries to take away my worries and does exactly that. I'm not as worried anymore as I was when we left the house. Will they even like me?

When we get to the cafe, Jagger opens the door for me and he takes his hand in mine. The shop smells like coffee grounds and there is actually quiet a bit of people here. I hear a familiar voice behind me, and I turn around to see Cash and a black haired girl laughing. My pulse quickens and jealousy grows. Jagger doesn't notice, luckily.

"Hey, what can I get you?" A guy asks us in a sweet tone when we get to the cashier.

"She would like to apply for a job." Jagger says to him and the man who seems around our age smiles.

"Oh! Perfect! We've been looking for someone." He says and turns around to go grab something.

"He's gay." Jagger whispers in my ear. I don't laugh. I can tell the guy is gay, but that's the least of my worries. What I'm worried about is what's going on behind me.

The man comes back and hands me a piece paper.

"You can go sit down and fill this out." He hands me a pen too. I fake smile and we walk over to table by the window. I make sure to get a spot where I can easily see Cash.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." Jagger leans down and says into my ear before placing a wet kiss on my cheek.

I pick up the pen and try answer the questions honestly, but I keep getting distracted by Cash and the girl. They are both laughing and enjoying their food. My hands began to shake and I drop the pen on the floor. My face falls into my hands and the tears rush down my face. I can't let Jagger see me like this. I run outside as fast as I can and just run straight. I don't know where I'm going, but I keep running. Seeing Cash happy made me remember all the times we were happy together. Cash made me feel good, but not as good as Jagger. Jagger isn't good for me. He's a thug who sells drugs and plays girls. When I'm around Jagger I feel like he's using me for sexual things, while Cash never pushed me to do anything with him. The night I was at Gracies and I saw Cash heartbroken, hurt me more then Jagger could ever hurt me, and then seeing Cash making another girl laugh made me realize, I never stoped loving Cash.

"Rae!" Jagger calls for me and I stop in my tracks. I turn around and see I haven't gone far. He catches up to me and tries to grab my arm, but I push it away.

"What's wrong?" He shouts at me.

"Jagger, I can't do this. This," I point to us, "could never work. This is just another relationship that I won't remember by the time I'm twenty. We're just kids in love, or so I thought. I just saw Cash making another girl laugh and it broke me. I have history with Cash, and what do we have? Nothing." I cry to him and I see the tears slide down his cheeks. He can't be that upset, we didn't last that long.

"Rae, we have to make the history! We already did! We made history today! I made love to you for the first time and I know you will never forget that." He steps closer to me and I back away.

"I know, I'll never forget that. It felt amazing." I agree, "But we aren't good for each other." I whimper. He runs his hands through his hair. This hurts, a lot, but sometimes to get to the right things, you have to hurt the people around you and your self. Including the ones you love.

"So that's it? You're just going to run back to him and forget about everything?" He slumps his shoulders and sniffles.

"It's for the best." I nod my head and look down at my feet. I can't look into his eyes, my legs will break if I do.

"Rae, no matter what, if I never see you again, if I never hear you or even touch you, just know that I'll never give up on you." He points to me and turns around and walks to his car. He slams the door and drives off. I'm left in the middle of the parking lot with a broken heart, and a numb body. My hands are shaking at my sides. Minutes later familiar arms are pulling me in for a hug and telling me everything will be alright.

To be continued.