Luka Megurine Had Never Been In Love

Luka Megurine had never been in love.

    Sure, she had had some intense crushes before, but she'd never taken any time to pursue those feelings. She had always been too busy for romance. When she was a kid she decided that she was going to wait on romance until she was an adult.

     Now she was an adult, at the ripe old age of 20, and she still had never been in love. She wanted a relationship, definitely, but somehow just hadn't met anyone yet. Maybe she should have been actively looking for dates, but she liked to hope that someone would come sweep her off her feet.

     And that's...not quite what happened.

     But that's not exactly what didn't happen either.

     It had been a regular day of work when the most peculiar man she's ever seen waltzed into the shop. He walked up to the counter to order and the first thing she said was "are you going to a convention?"

     Maybe it was a bit rude, but she couldn't help herself. The man was dressed in purple samurai getup, accessories and all, and had long, purple hair. And remember how his walking was described as waltzing? That was more literal than you'd think.

     Thankfully, he wasn't offended by her question and laughed jovially, his voice surprisingly deep. "Ah, no. How funny would that be?"

     She stared at him blankly, pen and notepad in hand. "Um...your order?"

     "Ah, yes!" The man said, with a twinkle in his eye. He then proceeded to list off the longest, most convoluted order for a cup of coffee she'd ever heard. She had to make him repeat it just to get everything down.

     "Alright, thank you. Please wait patiently for you order!" She said in her chipper customer service voice as she scribbled down his name. She wasn't feeling chipper though, his order took up nearly two pages in her notepad.

     She turned to call to her coworker. "Hey, Lily, can you help me with this?"

     A familiar head of blonde hair turned to look at her, and then quickly finished what she'd been working on and walked over. "Sure, what's up?"

     Luka awkwardly handed the notepad over to Lily.

     "Oh, that's a long order," Lily commented as she scanned the page, "but it shouldn't be that difficult."

     "Turn the page."

     Lily shit her a look and turned the page. Her eyes grew wide. "Ah, okay, I see. Yeah, I'll help you out there.

     So Luka and Lily started getting to work on that absolute monster of an order. They ended up having to restart halfway through because they got a couple things mixed up. She knew the people waiting in line to have their order taken were getting impatient, but they were trying their hardest.

     After several minutes of struggling, they managed to get it finished.

     Lily hurried to take everyone's orders while Luka got the order that had caused them so much trouble out.

     "Gakupo?" She called out, and the man from before stood up from the table he'd been waiting at and walked over with a smile, gratefully taking the drink.

     "Thank you, madam! I hope it wasn't too much trouble," he said with a smile. She did everything she could not to say 'it was,' and just started ringing him up.

     "Your total is..." she paused, finding it incredibly hard to believe the numbers in front of her, "3760.02?"

     He nodded and said "That sounds about right," before promptly paying, thanking her one more time, and walking out of the store.