Christmas Morning

This takes place when you and Nico are in your twenties.

***************************************

Your eyes fluttered open as the faint sound of music and laughter finally pulled you out of your sleep. You groaned and turned back into your pillow trying to drown out the sound. That was until you realised what today was.

With a jolt you sat up in bed, eyes wide 'It's christmas.' you whispered to yourself 'IT'S CHRISTMAS!' you quickly covered your mouth with your hands when you realised that Nico was sleeping next to you.

But he seemed unaffected by your sudden outburst as he just mumbled in his sleep and turned towards you. You looked at the clock next to the bed, it was 7:35, you could wake his up now.

You shook his arm 'Nico, nico! Nico wake up its Christmas!' he didn't budge. Instead his hands found their way around your waist, pulling you closer to him till you were chest to chest.

You pushed his hair out of his face, slowly tracing the side of his face with your thumb. 'Nico!' you whined 'i'm hungry.' all he did was mumble some more in his sleep.

You sighed, there was only one thing you could do. You pressed a light kiss on his forehead, then his eye, then his nose - you could tell he was waking up because he began to smile eyes still closed, so you continued, this time placing a kiss on his cheek and finally one on his lips.

He responds immediately as he cups your cheek, kissing you back slow and with a lot of emotion behind it. When you pull away he groans at the loss of your warm lips on his. You chuckle as you look up into his chocolate eyes. 'Morning sleepyhead'

'Merry Christmas (y/n).'

'Merry Christmas Nico.' you buried your face in his chest with a happy sigh. 'we should probably go downstairs, my parents are up.'

'one more minute.' he pulls you back into another kiss, his hands sliding up your top.

'Nico.' you mumble against his lips 'we should go.' you say though now you didn't really want to leave.

He pulls away with a sleepy yawn 'Ok'

Once the two of you brushed your teeth and had woken up a bit more, you headed downstairs where the festive music was coming from. In the living room the tree was glowing with bright light as your stepsisters were running around looking for evidence that Santa had been here.

'Look! He ate my cookies!' one of them yelled with glee

'and he drank all the milk too!'

You and Nico smile at each other as you walked up to the two kids 'hey guys.'

'wow thats amazing, does this mean you've got lots of Christmas presents?' she nods furiously.

'Uncle Nico! Will you help me stay up next Christmas? I missed Santa last night...' little Ellie asked, Nico blushes slightly at the term she used. the two of you weren't married, but your sisters had insisted on calling him uncle.

'sure Ellie.' as you left the kids to play in the living roo, you and Nico found your parents in the kitchen making breakfast.

After the greetings and hugs Nico and you helped with breakfast, cooking the sausages and frying the eggs.

Once breakfast was cooked and on the table you guys dug in, you sat next to Nico happily chatting around the table. Occasionally you'd catch him staring at you, a small smile on his lips as he watch you laugh and talk.

When breakfast was over, all of you moved into the living room to open presents, the little girls jumping with excitement. As you stood at the tree, Nico wrapped his arms around you from behind placing his head on top of yours.

'How did I get so lucky?'

You smiled 'Maybe I was on your Christmas Wish List.' you could feel him chuckle as he kissed your head.

The gift exchange when on for half an hour between presents and taking pictures, finally it was Nico's turn to give you a gift. You unwrapped a small box to find a silver locket. Inside was a picture of you and Nico in a playful kiss.

'it's beautiful!' you throw your arms around him. 'put it on?'

Nico took the necklace from you as you turned around putting it around your neck, moving your hair in the process. His fingertips lightly tracing the chain at the back of your neck, electricity coursing though you wherever he touched.

Nico pulls you into a kiss, everyone else in the room forgotten. 'mom, uncle Nico and (y/n) are kissing!'

'shush Ellie!'

You and Nico pull apart laughing. Your step dad handed your mom her gift and you handed Nico his. He opened the wrapping slowly and with care, taking time with it a smile on his face, it was one of those smiles that made your heart melt.

You had gotten him a photo album, with pictures of the two of you throughout the years together. Nico's smile only grew as he flipped though the album. When he got to the end you felt him take a sharp intake of breath as he looked at the old photo of a little Nico and his sister Bianca.

You nervously looked at the child of Hades. 'where did you get this?'

'I um, talked to your dad.' Nico looks up surprised.

'thank you,' his voice shakes slightly "thank you (y/n)' he pulls you in for a hug, burying his face in your hair. You thought you heard him sniff.

'Nico, i'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad.' you say looking at his redden eyes

'No, i'm not sad just trying to figure out how I got so lucky.'

You smile up at him, taking his hand 'I told you, Santa listened.'

'Uncle Nico!' Ellie called 'Come down here! We have gifts for you!' you let go of his hand as he got off the couch and sat next to Ellie on the floor opening a messily wrapped gift.

This was the perfect Christmas, just you, your family and Nico

******************************

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This has been SO much fun!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the request and lovely comments!

I really hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!

Have a great Christmas!

Hope you enjoy!

- A