Ice-skating

You're POV

You furiously knock on the gloomy looking Hades cabin door. Somehow you always seem to end up here trying to get Nico out of his cabin. 'Nicoooo! Nicoooo open up! You have to see this!' You knock on the door hard once again.

Quite suddenly the door is ripped open and a not-so-happy looking Di Angelo answers the door with a scowl on his pale face. 'What is it (y/n)?' he ask tiredly.

You grin and your eyes twinkle while you spread your arms out widely. 'It's snowing!'

Once every year Chiron would allow the camp weather to suite the winter, which meant that once a year, Camp Half Blood would snow.

Nico tries to keep the scowl on his face, but you could see the start of one of his beautiful smiles. You do a little happy dance on the spot, earning a few stares and laughs from on-going campers but you didn't care, you were too excited about the snow to care.

'Come on Di Angelo, we've got a whole day of snow, fun and snow ahead of us!' you grab him by the arm, pulling him towards the forest, with the look a puppy would have when presented with peanut butter. As you make your way to the forest you hear Nico chuckle behind you.

Nico's POV

I know I'm meant to be the Ghost King, who's all death and no smiling, but whenever I'm around (y/n) I can't help but laugh or smile.

Trust me, I've tried to keep my reputation as the scary, dead-on-the-inside child of Hades, but (y/n), somehow always found a way to make me feel. She just the most enthusiastic, crazy optimist I've ever met. I'll never understand why she insisted on becoming my friend in the first place.

I mean she's innocent and adorable and the way she gets excited for the littlest of things is...beautiful to watch. I hear the humming of a Christmas song as I walk behind (y/n), still holding onto her small hand.

'(Y/n)?'

'Hmm?'

'Are you humming a Christmas song?' I ask.

She turns around with a cheeky grin on her face. 'Nope! I'm singing one!' oh no. 'IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS! EVERYWH-mmph' I quickly pull her towards me and cover her mouth with my right hand.

'Everyone's going to hear you!' I whisper. She tries to give me an annoyed look but I could see her smiling through her eyes. (y/n) quickly pulls away. Was she blushing?

She turns around and walks towards the edge of a frozen pond and looks at me with a mischievous glint in her (e/c) eyes. 'Wanna go ice-skating?'

'What? We haven't got any skates (n/n)'

grinning wildly she leans in towards my ear and whispers 'who said we needed any?' I couldn't help but smile and blush a little.

I loved it when she'd just spontaneously flirt with me, but in a friendly manner of course. Nothing more. (y/n) interlocks her fingers with mine as she drags me towards the ice, causing my heart to do mini somersaults. Oh why did I have to fall for my best friend?

You're POV

As you grab Nico's hand your stomach goes into a frenzy. Gods you loved holding his hand. A small blush creeps onto your cheeks as you feel his thumb caress your hand, sending electricity to course through your hand to the rest of your body.

You slowly place the tip of your right foot on the ice, testing it to see if it can take your weight. Sure enough you are able to stand on the ice. You look back at Nico 'Come on Neeks!'

'(y/n)...this looks really dangerous'

'what's life without a little risk?' he looks at me skeptically