Firsts

First look

Nico walked up and down the small, dimly lit corridor over and over again trying to calm his anxious nerves. His fourth cup of coffee was left discarded on the gray table next to the sofas in the waiting room.

He felt a hand on his shoulder stopping him from walking off again. 'Nico, calm down. You should get some sleep.' Piper voices. Piper and Jason had been with you and Nico when you went into labor and had stayed with Nico throughout the night.

He turns around, knowing that her charm speak was working on him 'fine. But, if they call when I'm still asleep, you have to promise me you'll wake me up.'

Piper smiles 'I promise.'  Accepting his defeat Nico curls up on one of the empty couches, his head barely touching the armrest before his eyes close in unconsciousness.

Too fast was his slumber disturbed by a pair of hands shaking his shoulders, trying to get him to wake up. Nico cracked an eye open to look at Jason's grinning face 'the doctor wants to speak to you.' That's when it all floods back. You, the baby. Nico jumps off the sofa, racing towards your room where the doctor stood outside a smile on his face.

'Mister Di Angelo.'

'How is she…they? Are they ok?'

The doctor chuckles 'don't worry Nico. They're fine. In fact it's over, you're wife gave birth to a healthy baby, you'll be able to see them both in a few minutes. Congratulations'

Nico let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, as he shook the doctor's hand 'thank you' he says as the doctor walks off.

Piper and Jason come running up to him. 'What did he say?' Jason ask

Nico grins 'She's ok. They're ok. We're going to get to see them soon'

Piper lets out a happy squeal as he engulfs Nico in a hug 'congratulations!' And Jason echoes the congratulation.

A nurse pops her head through your room. 'Mister Di Angelo?' Nico runs towards the door 'you can see them now.'  

Nico takes a shaky deep breath before opening the door. Inside you were sitting upright on the bed a bundle of blankets in your arms.

'Hey.' You say grinning, you were still tired.

'Hi' Nico manages as he walks up to you 'is that...her?'

'Yup, say hello to (c/n).'

Nico stands beside you to look at his baby 'she's so small' he whispers as he allows little (c/n) to wrap her fingers around his thumb tightly.

'She has your eyes'

Nico turns towards you 'she does?' you nod laughing.

'Hold her'

Nico carefully lifts his baby up, pressing her sleeping form against his chest, he pushes the blankets aside to take in her features. She had the smallest fingers. 'Hey there (c/n). Welcome to the family'

He couldn't help himself, a tear slide down his cheek as he hastily tried to wipe it away. You reached out and grabbed his hand. Nico never cried, this was one of those rare moments.

He looks back at you smiling 'I'm speechless'

‘me too'

First word

'Da-da. Come in (c/n) say it with me da-da' Nico mouths the words for your little 11 month old baby lying on the sofa.

You plop yourself down next to the two of them 'she'll say dada when she wants too'

Nico grins at you 'I know, but I've got to make sure that dada is her first word.'

'This is really important to you isn't it?'

Nico blushes 'maybe'

You laugh as you look at your little daughter 'say dada (c/n), come on da-da'

Later that night.

The three of you were watching a movie on the couch, (c/n) on the floor playing with her toys while you and Nico were lying on the sofa. It was half way through the movie, both Nico and you were concentrated on the film when you heard it first. A quite whisper then clattering of toys.

'Did you hear that?' You ask Nico

'No, wh-' he was interrupted by the little voice again and his eyes widen. 'Did she just?'

You nod, furiously getting off the couch, kneeling next to your daughter. 'Honey say that again.'

She looks up with you with her big hazel eyes 'dada'

You grin 'oh my gosh she said it!' Nico, who was next to you wraps his arms around you in excitement

'She did it! Say it again love'

'Dada'

First step

Nico and his daughter were currently sitting on the wooden floor in the early hours of the morning. You had just left to work today while Nico stayed at home taking care of (c/n).

The two of them were sat facing each other, Nico with his pajamas was slowly feeding (c/n) her mashed peas who in turn kept spitting some of it out, allowing it to dribble down her chubby chin.

'Come on (c/n), more peas are getting on your pajamas then in your mouth.’ Nico sighs as he wipes the green off her chin.

She laughs happily, eyes bright as she claps her hands. Nico couldn’t help but smile at her sudden burst of excitement. ‘Dada!’

‘That’s me.’ Nico feeds her another spoonful of peas, little (c/n) blissfully munches at her food, swaying from side to side. ‘Ghost King, Son of Hades, a monster’s worst nightmare.’  

‘Dada!’

‘And dada. That’s my favorite title, pretty macho don’t you think?’ in reply little (c/n) nods furiously opening her mouth for more food.

Nico feeds her the last spoon of mashed peas and gets to his feet. ‘Stay right there ok? I’ll be back with some water.’ He walks to the kitchen grabbing her bottle of water.

When he gets back however, Nico is greeted with (c/n) standing up staring intensely at him. ‘Are you…are you going to…’ she takes a step, wobbling as she does. Nico flares out his hands ‘WAIT! You’re mom’s not here!’

He rushes into the first shadow he could see and stumbling out onto Camp Half Blood grounds. Nico scans around him looking for you, when he does find you he grabs your hand, not giving you a chance to say anything before shadow travelling back to your apartment.

The both of you land a few steps away in front of your daughter who had miraculously stood still. ‘Nico, what’s going on?’

‘She took her first step. She’s going to walk.’

Your eyes widen in surprise as you look at your little baby ‘Come on (c/n), come to mommy and dada!’

Nico holds out his hands ready to embrace your daughter as the both of you kneel down. (c/n) smiles brightly at the sight of the two of you taking another shaky step forwards.

She takes another step.

And another.

Until she breaks into a run arms outstretched, when she reaches the two of you she collapses on top of you giggling. You bring her onto your lap as Nico tickles her lightly, the three of you laughing. The rest of the world forgotten in this happy moment.  

********************************************

I just really like the idea of Nico as a dad.

he's be so cute <3

Would you like a part 2 for this? what other firsts would you guys want?

let me know and i'll write it ;)

Enjoy

-A