Chapter Eighteen

At home later that night, unfortunately your happy mood didn't last for long.

Walking through the door, you can see your father at the kitchen table, where you have to walk through to get to your room.

You try to slip by unnoticed as he is busying himself at the table, you walk around the edges of the kitchen, trying to be as quiet as you can.

Right as your back is to him and you are almost out of the kitchen, you feel someone grab your arm sharply and pull you back, and you let out a very pitiful scream, as your pulled to your father.

Thrashing about trying to get away doesn't usually help much, but you try anyway. You do everything you can, hit, kick, punch, you even bit his hand trying to get away but it doesn't work. He's always been stronger than you, and he probably always will be. He yanks you back in one final motion and you hit your head against the table and fall to the floor.

He proceeds to kick you into the table, and you feel his foot hit your stomach, and your back hit the table with every kick, and it hurts!

You were so happy a moment ago, can it last? Can't you just have one happy day? Clearly that is too much to ask.

You're done for the day, you feel stronger, happier maybe? Than normal, and you're not taking this lying down, not today.

Right after his foot leaves your stomach, you are up and running. It catches him so much by surprise that you're able to slip into your room without him touching you.

You slam the door shut and hold it a you feel him hit it and pound on the door trying to get it to open. You click the lock shut and slide the desk in front of it, but he doesn't stop. He keeps banging on the door. You can't stay here tonight.

Newt x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara