Chapter One

Lying on the ground you can feel pain throughout your body, and you can feel multiple bruises forming.
Your father stands above you, clearly not finished with you for the night, the empty beer bottles on the table and the alcohol in his breath tell the whole story, but he doesn't have to be drunk to do this.
Closing your eyes against the tears forming, you bite your lip to keep from saying anything, not wanting to provoke him.
Lying as still as you can as his feet hit your stomach again and again you pray for it to stop. And, as a tear escapes through your closed eyes, you hear him laugh above you.
Angry with yourself for giving him the satisfaction, you quickly wipe away the tear and turn your head away, mentally preparing yourself for another round, having no power to stop what's about to come.
After he seemed to be done with you, you slowly, carefully stand up, making as little noise as humanly possible.
"I'm not done with you, (y/n)!" You hear your father yell from the table, with a fresh bottle of beer opened in his hand.
You're done for the night though, and you dash into your room, closing the door just in time as he lunges into it. Clicking the lock, you take a deep breath and move your desk in front of the door and get into bed, and are forced to listen to the sounds of your drunk father trying to force his way into your room. And only then do you let the tears fall, in the dark alone.