Happy Birthday, Virgil

The air was cool but not quite cold as Virgil stepped through the portal. He didn't realize he had closed his eyes until he was on the other side, and he opened them, gasping at the sight before him.

It was an amusement park, glowing among the night sky. A ferris wheel stood in the distance to his left, a roller coaster to his right. Many stalls tended by what looked to be robots stood along the stone pathways. It was enormous.

After taking it all in, Virgil finally looked at the others who were all looking at him, awaiting his reaction. He glanced between them and the park, tears pricking at his eyes. Logan looked at him in confusion while Roman began to panic. "Virgil? Do you not like it? Is it not enough? I can make it better if you want, change some colors and add rollercoasters-" Roman was cut off by Virgil crashing into him and Remus, sobbing. "Thank you," Virgil cried between sobs. Roman finally understood and hugged him back, wrapping his arm around Remus who was already hugging Virgil. The tears weren't of sadness, but rather, joy.

Patton rushed over and joined the hug, then Janus and Logan squeezed in as well. Soon Roman, Remus, and Patton were crying too, Logan and Janus looking to the ground not to hide their tears, just... admiring the soil. Finally, after a minute or two, Virgil pulled back with eyeshadow tracks running down his cheeks. "Thank you guys, really." Janus put a hand on his shoulder. "No, thank you. We forgot your birthday and you're forgiving us, so thank you," he said, tipping his hat. Virgil just smiled in response.

"Let's go inside!" Remus exclaimed, wiping off the eyeshadow tracks he also had. Logan grabbed Virgil's right hand and Roman took his right, tugging him toward the entrance. Giggling, he gave in and entered the park. Before doing so, Patton appeared in front of him, holding out his tube of lipstick. Virgil let go of the others' hands to take it. He smeared it onto his lips (after Roman summoned a mirror for him). Smiling, he stuffed it into his pocket and began again into the park.

"Thank you guys. I love all of you."