Chapter 5 Our Long Journey

I have no time for thinking about the creature I had seen darting into the woods as Eleanor collapses gasping after the attack of the horsemen.

Her breathing unsteadies as she stares at the woodchip-covered ground making choking sounds.

Immiediatly I rush to her and try to hold her so she doesn't get her face fallen onto the ground.

"You *breath* alright? *breath"

Eleanor stutters out unsteadily.

I nod, to afraid to speak and in awe.

In a moment though, I still answer.

"Yes, Ellie. May  I call you Ellie? I'm fine too, just in awe. The way you battled those monsters, BAM! BAM! BAM! BABAM! Was so amazing! Never have I seen such wonders!" I tell her sincerely.

She nods and croaks out a barely audible " I know".

Worriedly, I look at the satchel she slung onto her back that might be worsening her breathing fit. As I observe coughing Eleanor, I realize I'm tired and the day is darkening over the horizon setting everything around awash in orange and pink-like light.

At last, Eleanor regains herself and stands up , coughing occasionally just as I back up. She carefully looks around and shakes her head.

" Can I ask you a question?" I tell her as her head swivels to my direction.

"Yes, Delanie."

I pause for a moment, thinking of the question that has been lingering in my while for a while.

" Are....are you a mage?"

At that, the woman stiffens up, no doubt regretting she should've fought the strange knights with swords, not magic. She ponders it for a moment before finally giving in, convinced by the earnest look in the gals eye that she would not tell a single soul if told so.

" Yes, Delanie, I am a mage. But you mustn't tell anyone,not a single soul except you and me know this...and-and my family."

I nod,solemnly promising. " Now, where are we going and are we really going to rest? "

And with that, Eleanor takes the camo pattern satchel and calls me over to help assemble our camp.

***

Soft rays of sunlight touch my eyelids as I smile, quite content with myself.

" Yoo-hoo! Breakfast is served!"

I hear the shout and lazily roll over in my camp tent. I slowly force myself to stand and rub my eyes til' they open up.

I hope to see my home but instead end up seeing the lovely pink and green bushes just outside the tent.

Sighing, I turn and grab the outfit that Ellie provided for me.

Minutes later I come to greet the morning sunshine in a warm hazel brown waist length parka-like styled light jacket, beige pants, a blunt green top and black combat boots. My hair is in a ponytail cascading down my back  as a matching beige sunhat matches my assemble.

Looking towards Eleanor I notice her in a similar outfit though with more black and red and a bunch of weapons are slung onto her belt loops. Oh, and she has no hat but just a bun on her head. She also cooking over a small fire making rapid movements with a flipper and pan.

I inhale the rich smell of food. Out here, breakfast smells absolutely lovely,of course, considering the fact I didn't have dinner yesterday I was sort of was required to be hungry.

" Here,here no need to smell food when its right here! Cm on take a seat, I hope eating on a barren tree stump isn't to lowly for you, is it?" Ellie motions me toward a, in fact, barren of any bugs tree stump just as she places a plate of sizzling omelet with two pieces of recooked jerky. A handful of blueberries is on the side along with a couple of unknown to me berries.

She hands me a fork and cup full of red liquid just as I answer " Not at all" to her.

She herself gets just as much food and we dig in. In record time we finish with full bellies.

I offer her a helping hand to clean and put out away the dishes back where they came from as well as put out the burning fire.

After that, we pack away our tents and belongings. In just an hour or so, we are ready to continue.

" This time," Ellie puts in " Were going to reach the castle, where everyone has been expecting you"

I nod, and we continue on our way through the spooky forest, luckily with no assaults at all.

Just after the forest, we reach a completely foreign to me landscape. Flat grassy fields surround us as the path turns more hard and concrete like. In the fields and small farms surrounding us, farmers tend to their garden and helpers cut the wheat by us. Gardeners occasionally pass by with hands full of different coloured plants.

Sometimes, workers would stop to wave at us, travelers and we'd gladly answer.

" This is my home country, my pride and my mother, figuratively speaking, Avik. This is where I reside and was born in." Ellie proudly declares to me. She gestures round' us and I nod, wide-eyed.

We continue on and soon were weaving past hills with wells and sometimes houses or mansions where puffy eyed maidens scurry around.

Sometimes I ask El questions, like why are the maidens puffy eyed on which Ellie gladly answers. The reason the maidens which are actually servants to the household are puffy eyed usually is because a arrogant man in residence is playing with them and tricking them to love.

On that particular question Ellie let's out a snort of disgust, obviously pointing out who she doesn't exactly adore.

On our trip I learn that the Actual Kingdom of Avik, is actually a small town guarded by a stone wall and a rushing river. There, resides the royal family in the castle ( Nicknamed Alfie for the famous dog that used to live there) that's deemed to be the finest castle in all of Estrinetia. The territory outside it are chunks of land Avikins discovered  that were not captured. This territory is separately ruled by small governments yet still the big decisions are up to the real Avik. This territory is just called Avik as the small governments that appeared in the territory decided to name it after their guardian kingdom, Avik.

That's why Avikin's refer to the actual Avik as The Real Avik and the territory is just Avik.

" It like what U.S.A. has on Earth and Dearthians have in Village To Travelers territory."

When she had explained that to me, I had no idea what U.S.A. was but the rest I understood. Of course, Ellie told be about that too,.

It's so amazing that things called Projectors and Microwaves! We don't, our servants heat up the food...and projectors are so very cool! They cast images from a electronic device you connect to it, much like my iNotch or MagicGlow ( Earth English translation: iPhones, Computers) item.

Oh, and don't get me started on cameras! Such a amazing item that preserves memories...Ellie told me we have it on a item like iNotch , a applications that creates images! You could also change those with things called Photo Editors!

It was very amazing. Soon, at around 6 o clock we reached the castle.

Ellie said we'll spend the night outside the kingdom walls and the next morning, we'll greet the Royal Family.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this weeks chappie...I wrote it in 4 hours!FOUR. That is record time!!!! :D

See? I'm a good girl, to make up for the wait, I made this chapter LONG. It's so hard finding long chapters these days, consider this a rare treat!

Now, BYE BYE!

Goodbye and see ya next week! ;)