5

„So, where you're from, Chris?" I'm subtly rolling my eyes at Cole's effort.

„From Toronto. My parents probably wanted to get rid of me, so they sent me here. My aunt's son lives here, so I'll be staying with him," how can anyone be so articulate? I would only answer from Toronto. My gaze rests on his face. He seems so grown-up, but nonetheless his eyes show childish naivety, „and you? Were you born in this town or moved in?"

My body is straining with anticipation of what's going to happen. We can't tell him we live on the streets. I don't want to see that expression again. And especially not on his face. But how can I prevent it? A few ideas are born in my head, but none are good enough for me to transfer to my mouth.

„Well, we're actuall-"

„We live with our aunt. Our parents died in a car accident when we were little, so we had to move in here with her," I say the first thing running on my tongue. I know Cole will be mad at me, but what do I do. I don't want him to know who I really am and, moreover, we won't see him again with any luck, so it doesn't matter.

„I'm sorry to hear that," my shoulders will swing indifferently. I look around the field so I don't have to meet these cocoa pearls. Tall blades of grass spoil my view of the whole space around me, but I can see the main thing. In front of us is a big city of shops, panellists and pointless businesses. I'd like to turn around and run into a landscape that towered behind me. Forests, meadows, streams and freedom.

***

I walk behind the boys, who talk casually. Sometimes one of them turns on me and I give him one of my lovely smiles. But if they don't pay attention, a neutral expression pops on my face. I'm thinking about my words. We live with our aunt... I voiced them as if they asked me several times a day. It's strange to imagine an older lady I'd come home to every day with a smile.

„Sam, move a little," my thoughts dissolve into a familiar voice.

***

„Here we are. It was nice to meet ya, Chris," I smile at tall brunette. 

„It was nice to meet you, too, even if it was a bit wild," he laughs. I grin nervously and tangle my fingers with Cole. There's a nice warmth from under his skin. Cole reaches out with his free hand and shakes it.

„Hello," we say in a chorus and leave feeling very relieved. So this was the weirdest and longest day of my life.

„We're finally alone again," I smile and give Cole a kiss on his red cheek and then we make our way to our home. Before we turn into our alley, I'll look around to see if I see a stranger nearby who has changed the day.

And maybe even my life.

***

New chapter is out! Hope you liked it. I'll probably write a new story in a few weeks. I am really excited about it and I hope you'll like it. It is gonna be in Czech first and then I'll rewrite it in English so you can read it as well. But don't worry. I'll finish this story first. 

Anyway, stay safe whereever you are in the world and have a nice day/night/evening/whatever.

Your Czechgirl03