Chapter 52

Rick is sitting for almost five hours waiting for Trish who's inside the delivery room. He was so anxious while waiting, he asked her if she want him inside while she's giving birth but she declined. He already texted Tupe en route for accompany him. He thinks he needed someone since this is his first time to be in this kind of situation.

Oh dude?! Lumabas na ba junior mo? Tupe asked as he saw Rick

Wala pa dude, wala pag doctor na lumalabas eh.

Anak mo tinatanong ko kung lumabas na ba hindi yung doctor!

Oo nga, wala pa nga. Hindi ko pa alam kasi wala pang lumalabas na doctor para magsabi ku-

Ayan na. Doc, ano po? Okay naman po sila?

Congratulations po! They are bith fine, medyo nahirapan lang ilabas kasi masyadong malaki si baby, but all is well. Just wait for them to be transefered in a room.

Thank you doc. Thank you po!

Dude, mana sayo! Malaki daw!

Gago! Tara na nga, hintayin na lang natin sa kwarto.

After a few minutes, Trish was being settled in a hospital room. She was asleep when she got transefered, obviously tired form giving birth.

After a few hours, Trish finally wakes up.

Hey, are you okay? Rick asked her.

I'm okay, but I feel tired. Terrence so big, akala ko hindi ko mailalabas eh.

But you did, thank you!

When I can see him? I wwant him here, can he?

Wait, sabi mamaya raw dadalin sya dito for feeding.

Have you seen him?

Yes, and he looks really like you.

Kutis lang nakuha kay Rick eh. Male version mo Trish. Tupe butt in.

I know! He's my son after all. Ayan na yata, may kumakatok.

Hi mommy, feeding time po. The nurse said as she passed the baby to Trish.

Thank you nurse, Hi, baby, you're hungry na? she said cooing to their baby.

After feeding, She asked Rick to try to carry their baby.

Try mo lang, paano ka msasanay kung di mo susubukan? Dali na, madali lang.

Baka nga malaglag ko.

Abnormal ka ba? Si Jaea nga nakarga mo nun eh! Tupe butt in again.

See? Kaya mo naman eh. Trish said as Rick carried Terrence swaying him.

Dude, bagay talaga sayo may anak eh, daddyng daddy ka oh! Tupe said as he took a snap of rick carrying the baby and sent it to their group chat.

The days went on, and they went home to Rick's apartment. Rick, would always go home early since he cannot take a paternity leave. He would take care of thei son once he get home at night, he wants to treasure this moments with his son.

He doesn't like taking pictures but with Terrence he doesn't mind, knowing that this will be the only thing he can have when Trish and Terrence leave him to stay abroad. He can't help but feel sad thinking that he will not witness his son's childhood milestone. But he knows that this is what is right.He just hopes that one day, Terrence would understand everything..

I love you son, please keep that in mind. I know you don't know and understand yet what I am saying but please know that daddy loves you a lot. I may not be with you physically but I will always find ways to make you feel that daddy is always with you. Good night Terrence. He said as he stares at his sleeping son.

Trish went down their room to get a drink after feeding Terrence. She saw rick drinking alone in his living room.

Rick? It's 3am, why are you drinking? Kanina ka pa ba?

Why are you awake? Si Terrence? Is my son okay?

He's sleeping, kakatapos lang magfeed. Bat umiinom ka? She asked him trying to get the beers on the table.

Hoy! Bawal kang uminom, ibalik mo yan dito!

Hindi ako iinom no! alam kong bawal! Kinukuha ko kasi pangpito mo na yan, maglalasing ka ba?

Rick didn't mind her, he just continue drinking his beer looking away from her.

May problema ba? You know, you can tell me right? Ganun naman tayo diba?

Oo, kaya nga nandito tayo ngayon eh. You know I never regret having Terrence he made me realize a lot of things, I just wish I had him but not with this situation. No offense pero sana wala akong iba no? Kung hindi si Dane, edi ikaw na lang. yung ikaw lang. Pero mayroon akong Dane eh, sana si Dane na lang. Sana sa kanya lang. Sana kami lang. Kaso nagkamali ako. Maling mali ako, Trish ako yung mali, hindi ikaw at lalong hindi yung anak natin.

Trish sat beside him, listening to him silently.

Alam mo yun? Yung kung hindi ako naginarte sa oras na kayng ibigay sakin ni Dane, edi sana wala atyong problema nagyon? Edi sana kami pa rin ni Dane, edi sana kay Dane lang ako may anak, don't get me worng, I love having Terrence, mahal ko yun anak ko yun eh. Pero bakit ganito? Bakit hindi pwedeng lumaki sya sa tabi ko? Yung makikita ko? Yung kasama ko? I mean, pwede naman yun eh. Pero pag ganun, wala na kong Dane at yung anak naman naming hindi ko makakasama. Bakit kasi ganun? Bakit nagkaganito? Okay lang sana kung ako lang nahihirapan, kaso hindi naman. You and Dane suffered and struggled too, because of me. and now, my son and my child with Dane will suffer too. He said and started crying. Trish doesn't know what to do, so she chose to stay silent and listen to him. For her, this is what she needs someone who will listen to him. But as he says those words she can't help but cry with him.

Trish, I am so sorry. I didn't want you suffer, I never want my son suffer. I want him feel loved. I want to see his first walk, I want to hear his first word, I want to drive him to school, I want to play with him, I want to eat breakfast, linch and dinner with him, I want to teach him play basketball, I want to watch cartoons with him, I want to have bonding with him, I want him to know that I am always with him whenever and wherever. But how can I do that I am here and he's abroad? And I will be selfish if I asked you to stay here while I try to get back with Dane, I don't want you to stop the things you like to do just because of my wants.

Rick, believe me, this is the best decision we will make. Besides, with the technology we have, you can still do those things with him. You can still have time with him. And you can visit him anytime you want, hindi ko siya ipagdadamot sayo, kasi kapag ginawa ko yun, pati kay Terrence magiging madamot ako. Ayoko naman nga ganun, ganito na nga tayo diba? Hinding hindi niya maiisip na hindi mo sya mahal just because you don't live in the same house, just because you're far away from him, just because you're living with someone else. I can assure you that, my son is smart for sure, he will understand all of this in time.

I'm sorry Trish, we had to do this. I'm sorry it had to be like this. I'm sorry.

Sssshh. It's okay, we will be okay. And besides, hindi pa naman kami aalis bukas. You still have three months to be with him, and a lifetime to be his dad. You don't need to worry.

Thank you Trish, I promise to do everything I could para kay Terrence. I don't want to fail my son.

I know, I can see how you love Terrence and that's what important to me so thank you. Thank you for accepting and loving my son despite of and inspite of everything.