Confession

Buck confesses, but Eddie's reply is unexpected.

~

Buck knew he loved Eddie and according to Maddie, so did everyone else.

"I'm just saying, there's no harm in telling him."

Buck glared at her. "You really wanna spend Buckley Night talking about my love life?"

"Non existent love life," Maddie smirked and pretended to watch the tv.

Buck rolled his eyes and turned towards the tv as well. "What was this movie called again?"

Maddie picked the box up. "Back to the future," she read.

Buck frowned. "Why is that High School student friends with that old scientist?"

Maddie shrugged. "Chimney said this was a good movie or maybe he said classic..."

Buck and Maddie shared a confused look, but decided to just keep watching.

"I can't tell Eddie," Buck said after a while. He couldn't concentrate on the movie anymore. Not with Eddie in his head.

Maddie turned around on the couch, angling her body towards Buck. "Why not?"

Buck rolled his eyes. "Eddie's my best friend. I'm not gonna ruin our friendship with my feelings."

Maddie sighed. "Evan, you deserve to be happy."

"I won't be happy if Eddie doesn't wanna talk to me afterwards." Buck gave her the big puppy dog eyes.

She could never resist those, so she wrapped her arm around his shoulders. He scooted down a little, so she could properly reach.

"But how happy would you be when Eddie feels the same."

Wouldn't that be the dream?

"You just need to take that leap," Maddie mumbled.

"Maybe you're right."

Maddie's head shot up. "Really?"

Buck shrugged. "Eddie told me last week that he's ready to date again."

Maddie frowned ever so slightly.

"If I don't tell him how I feel, I will always regret it. And I might not get a chance later."

Maddie reached over to the coffee table and threw Buck's phone at him. "Call him then."

"Mad's, this isn't a sleepover, I'm not gonna call my crush."

"Just ask to meet him, so you can confess your undying love," Maddie teased.

"Ha Ha, I'll talk to him tomorrow, after our shift. Happy now?"

Maddie raised her hands in surrender. "Okay."

They both leaned back again to watch the movie. Neither had a clue what was going on.

"I could help you write a love letter. I already got some ideas," Maddie said.

"Leave it," Buck growled and took a pillow, threatening her with it.

Maddie jumped up and out of the way. "Dear, Eddie," she loudly started. Ducking down to avoid being hit in the face with a pillow. "I like you. Do you like me too? Please check. Yes or No."

Another pillow flew her way. "Shut up!"

She picked one of the pillows up from the ground and threw it back. It hit Buck right in the face.

"Maddie!" Buck yelled.

Maddie just laughed at him and threw the other pillow back on the couch. She dropped down next to Buck.