Nightmare

It all starts with Eddie having a nightmare in the middle of the night. So Eddie calls Buck and despite the fact that they're not allowed to talk because of the ongoing lawsuit, Buck still comes.

Warnings: Violence

~+~+~

The hot sun was beating down on Eddie's neck. He was sitting behind a half collapsed wall trying to save a man's life. He could hear the bullets hit the wall or the sand around him. But he kept ignoring it. The faceless man on the ground needed his help, he had to ignore the war around him. Eddie pushed a cloth down on the man's arm. There was a cut that wouldn't stop bleeding.

"Eddie, please!" The man begged him and that was Buck's voice.

"You're not supposed to be here," Eddie said.

And he was right, suddenly Buck started throwing up blood. This couldn't happen again.

"Buck!" Eddie yelled. But Buck seemed to slip out of his grip.

Then suddenly they weren't surrounded by sand anymore. Eddie recognized the field hospital from the tsunami. He looked around trying to find Buck.

Eddie could hear Christopher cry. Why? He turned around and saw them.

Buck was lying on the ground next to countless other dead bodies, his own body half covered by a black sheet. Christopher's fist were gripping onto Buck's shirt, while sobs were tearing through his small body. Then Eddie was right there next to them. Buck's dead blue eyes starring into nothingness.

Christopher looked up at him and there was so much hate and resentment in his face. Eddie had never seen him look like this. "This is your fault!"

Then Eddie woke up. He was covered in sweat and breathing hard. He slowly touched his face and it was wet from tears and sweat. Without giving it a second thought he grabbed his phone from his nightstand and called Buck. He just had to know that Buck was okay.

After only two rings, Buck picked up.

"Eddie? Are you okay?" Buck sounded so worried. God, he was just too good for Eddie.

"Yes. Christopher and I are fine." Eddie still sounded a little shaky. That was Buck's voice on the other end. Buck was fine.

"Okay ... I mean I'm happy you called, but it's 4am. So why are you calling?"

That was a good question. The lawsuit was still ongoing, technically he wasn't even allowed to call Buck. And then after everything that happened today in the grocery store.

"This is your fault!" his son's voice echoed inside his head.

"I'm sorry, Buck. You're not selfish."

Buck seemed to be stunned by that. Did Eddie already screw up so badly?

"Can you come over? I know it's in the middle of the night and I'm not even supposed to call you, but I just ..." Eddie didn't know how to finish that sentence.

"Yeah, sure. I'm gonna be there in 10." Buck said and hung up.

Eddie stood up and changed quickly into fresh sweatpants that weren't soaked with sweat. He then checked on Christopher who was sleeping peacefully for once.

Like promised Buck gently knocked on the front door after 10 minutes. He could have used his key, but it spoke volumes that he didn't. Eddie had to fix that. He gently led Buck to his bedroom, the living room was closer to Christopher's room and he didn't want to wake him up.