her art, heart

Dedicated to her art heart,

masked everyday
different ones each day
the quiet, loud, observant
has anti-depressants

layered paints on one's face
heavy feelings that act as lace
stained hands that held guns
hidden meanings in phrases

day by day she paints
from 10 to 4 in her room
her hands and brushes dance
while locked up, silenced

add some heart
into your art

-

notes :

When I was writing this all I knew was that art was my gateway to espression. Writing, painting and drawing were the things that I turned to most of the time. I felt understood in a way that it didn't have to involve other people.

Everyday felt like it was a cycle but everyday I had to mask myself, what I wanted to do, and what I wanted to achieve. I thought that it wasn't the right time. I was coping silently but the thoughts in my head were just too loud that I failed to observe the changes in what I use to love to do. The art I created was turning into something else, I started to look at it differently because I chose to hide who I was to the only thing that was true to me and to the only thing I was true to.

I tried to fight it, I isolated myself. I tried to cope alone. I tried to get over art block by locking myself up. Keeping all of that to me, with no one to go to was just horrible and I wouldn't want anyone to go through that too. I advice people to always put your heart into your art. Let it speak for you and learn to embrace what you love to do because it's a part you that no one can ever take away.