Chapter 1 - So I've seen war.

June, 2012 - Rosewood, Pennsylvania

Emily could feel the water dripping around her, not only by her wet hair, but literally her entire body in sweat. She was too happy to care though. Her favorite music was playing, her best friends were all chatting around the pool, and she could feel her skin getting even more tanned from the sun. Emily laid with her back up facing the sun, her sunglasses were on and she had her eyes closed as she rested her head on her arms, crossed under it.

- I swear Spence, I never wanna go back there... It smelled like my old uncle bernie's. - She heard Hanna complain, and her friends laughed in response. - I'm serious! If I had to stay there one more minute I would end up throwing up at his feet."

- Was it though? This bad? – Spencer asked and Hanna nodded. – I don't trust you... We all know you were all over him since junior year, why are you so disgusted now? – She went on, sipping down a vodka soda from her straw.

Hanna rolled her eyes before answering – Because, Spence! I just told you... - The blonde girl sighed. - We went to his new place, I figured that now that he left his parents house, it would mean that he's all responsible living his adult life. Actually, it just means that he can smoke weed all day and leave his apartment to rot since there's no one to tell him to clean it. – She remembered with a disgusted face. – Seriously, I think he never cleaned that place since he moved there.

Emily could hear they all laughing at Hanna's disappointment story. Even though she felt sorry for her blonde friend, she couldn't help but get amused with the fact that her friend's ultimate crush was in fact a stubborn sloppy kid.

- And here we were thinking Luke would teach Hanna some new adult stuff... – Aria mocked while spreading suntan lotion over her arm.

They all just bursted out laughing, except Hanna, of course. Even though Emily wasn't talking, she was paying attention to their conversation. She wasn't thinking about anything special, but for some reason she was feeling extremely happy and lucky at that moment. It could be just the alcohol through her head, but she could tell that this was a good moment.

- Hey there pretty girl. – She heard someone approach her, the brunette opened her eyes for a moment, just to confirm her suspicious of who laid down beside her. – Is everything okay?

Emily nodded before responding, - Yep, all good. – She flashed a smile to the blonde next to her. – You?

- Still recovering from almost getting caught by your mom earlier. – Alison chuckled and shook her head. – I swear, If I had a heart condition I probably wouldn't be here right now. – She dramatized, making Emily laugh.

- Aren't you a sneaky though? I though you'd be used to it by now. – the younger girl stated, still having her head resting over her arms, but facing the older girl in front of her.

- Pam Fields it's just a whole different category though. – the blonde concluded. – Seriously though, we need to be more careful around her... What if she saw us? We weren't exactly subtle about it. – Alison remembered concerned, thinking about the scene from 30 minutes earlier when she and Emily were making out in the brunette's kitchen and Pam just blurted out of nowhere. Thankfully she tripped over some flip flops on her way, making a noise and alarming the two girls before she could see them.

- Ali, relax... She didn't. – Emily assured her calmly. – I can't really be careful and have you walking around in those bikinis at the same time though. – She played, staring at her friend's body down her sunglasses. – You make it hard to hide it... And I'm getting tired of it anyways..