With that said, the group saw Grim ahead. Seeing that the creature was pacing around, worrying about them.

" Grim! "

" N-nyah?! " Grim yowled when Ace suddenly snatched him. The group ran for their lives until their feet ached. They know there was no time to rest as their life is in danger. Unbeknownst to them, the monster had already caught up with them.

As it raised its pickaxe, a spike made of stone shot up, stabbing its melting hand. It made the monster scream shrilly. A noise that was almost belonged to the folklore in Ireland.

" What the- "

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Earth...I...,
Call you...

Earth...I...,
Call you...

Earth I call, rise from the ground...
All is lost, you will be found...

Call forth up, with mighty strength...
Stronghold once, be hold again...

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Soon the ground began to shake as if an earthquake was about to erupt. However, it was quite the opposite as Ace turned around, he had his eyes widen.

Spikes made of stones shot out from every direction suddenly appeared, blocking the now raging monster's path until they could no longer see it.

" Huh?! "

" What's happening over there, Ace?! And why did that monster screamed?! "

" Nyahaha! "

~ ☆ ~

" That was a close one..."

Deuce sigh out with relief after Add had dropped him on the ground while the others notdded with agreement. " Yeah and I might have agitated it a little bit, " (Y/n) laughs nervously, recalling the feeling of raged that the monster was emiting a while ago.

Fortunately for her, it wasn't a strong emotion.

" Nyahaha! Thanks to (Y/n). We were able to get away from it, " Grim said proudly as he wiggle his way out from Ace's grasp and jumped on the Songstress's shoulder.

Ace scratches his head, trying to comprehend about the life-and-death situation that was thrown to them, " What was that thing? And Headmage Crowley didn't even mentioned about it too!? "

" Well, it's definitely not a ghost, that's for sure. " Deuce said, crossing his arms before heaving out a small sigh.

" You know what? " Ace spoke up, making the others turned their attention towards him, " Let's give up and go back. I'll happily take the expulsion if it means never having to fight that thing ever again. "

" What?! " Grim and Deuce gasped in shock while (Y/n) stared at him with surprise.

" No way in hell! I'd rather die that get expelled from NRC! " The blue haired male made his way over Ace, grabbing his collar, " How can you just give up like? We almost had it! "

" Big talk coming from someone who's not even half the Mage I am. " Ace smacked his peer's hand away from his collar, " If you want that crystal so badly...Then, you better go get it yourself! I'm out. " He attempted to drag (Y/n) with him but, was ultimately stop when Deuce's attitude eruptly change.