68-Ticking Clock

A/N: Story status-just writing whatever at this point.

Hermione's POV:

Heartbreak is lovely, isn't it?

To be quite honest, whether or not I was heartbroken was still a mystery to me.

It was now the 13th of February. That means that Draco now officially had less than twenty four hours to ask me to the ball. The Valentine's Day Ball, which was tomorrow.

The clock, Draco dearest, is ticking...

I think everybody in the common room knew that wasn't going to happen. He would not be asking me to the ball.

I sigh and roll over in my lonely bed, in my lonely little room. The room was grande, and quite obviously meant for two people, but in light of the current situation, that was not happening.

I smile slightly, remembering that today was a Friday, the day where I had most free blocks, but that didn't matter. McGonagall had allowed us to shopping again, and I start to question why the rules had been so...open this year. In the past, they have usually been extremely strict, but I always loved a little change, so I'm not complaining.

No but really, I wasn't! What was there to complain about? PErhaps besides the whole Draco situation...there was that to complain about...

"Nnnngh," I groan, sadly leaving my bed. Despite it being lonely, I quite liked it. I had some good memories with it, or rather, on it. (Alright, not that way! In the simple, kind and purely innocent way. Yeesh!)

I brush through my hair, and eventually I start to think about ways to get Draco to forgive me. He was stubborn, but I was much more stubborn than he was, so much stubborner. There was no way he wouldn't talk to me, I would make sure of it.

Or you'll give up because it's hopeless because you finally realize that he comes from a really really long line of stubborn prats! Oh well, just give up now, Hermione! Ha haa haaa haa haaaa! The voice in my head giggles, teasing me in the extremely unenjoyable way that just kind of nagged at you until you were forced to think about it. Naturally, after five minutes of trying not to think about it, I started to think about it.

I huff and chide at it. "No I won't!" I snarl, starting to pull my hair up into a simple yet elegant messy bun. I fight the voice in my head, but I start to really think about what it said.

Maybe you do have a point...I admit, though if anybody asked, I would most definitely deny it. How could I, Hermione Granger, admit that some stupid voice in my head was right?

I sigh and pull on some grey sweatpants, a body-fitting black and white top, and a white checkered headband. I nod at my appearance in the mirror, and head down to breakfast, dreading what today was going to look like, however today was going to look like.

I shudder at the thought and plaster on a confident smile. I place my hand on the grand double door's handle, and yank it open.
________________________________________________________________________________

I swear I had only opened a door! Why are people looking at me like I had fifty heads?

I could have, no, should have looked anywhere else, but of course, I looked towards the swarm of girls. In the middle seemed to be a very uninterested Draco Malfoy.

Rage builds up inside me, urging me to go over there and scream. The devil part of me wants to Silencio! their stupid arses, but my angel, my calmer side, argues that it wouldn't be good for my reputation.