Chapter 13: Run

Hermione's POV: 

I blinked and rolled over. I sat up in bed, yawning. "Morning, Malfoy!" I chirped. I looked at the couch, where I had banished him after that morning, but he wasn't there. Last night's events washed over me and I started crying. I looked at the time. The clock read, "2:30". It was early... really early so I could just roll back over...

I knew that wasn't going to happen. I stood up and got dressed. I picked a Ravenclaw blue shirt that read "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure." I chortled, thinking back to how Harry, Ron, and I used to hunt for Horcruxes. I silently slipped on a pair of black jeans (I'm starting to see why people like them!) and black converse. I put the Hair-Styling hat from Blaise and Theo on. This time, it braided my hair in a French Braid that went from the top right of my head to the bottom left. Two strands were left to frame my face. I applied a layer of light pink gloss and walked out of my bedroom through the grand double-door. 

I took out the phone Harry had gotten me and started to set it up. I took the Xbox and set it up with the TV so everybody could play with it. By the time I had finished, it was about 4:30. Lavender came down the stairs in a white shirt and plaid skirt with black tights underneath. She walked over to me. "Morning, 'Mione!" She chirped. We had placed silencing charms around all the rooms so you could yell or do whatever you wanted without bothering anybody. 

"Morning." My voice lacked its usual enthusiasm. Huh, that's weird. "Morning!" I tried again. This time, I sounded much more like myself. I smiled a bit. 

Lavender walked next to me. "Hey...how're you feeling?"

I grabbed pans and random ingredients, desperately trying to avoid this subject. "Fine. I'm fine." I started whipping up some pancake batter. 

"'Mione..." Lavender said. "You don't have to pretend..."

I preheated the oven and put the skillet on. "I'm not pretending!" I muttered harshly.

"'Mione..." Lavender warned. "It's not good to bottle up your emotions..."

I grabbed a cookbook and flipped to pastry recipes. I decided to make scones, a cake, some cookies, and muffins. "I'm not bottling up my emotions!" I snapped.

Lavender sighed. "Then may I help you with this feast you're preparing?" She walked over to the fridge and pulled out some bacon before I could respond. I sighed and flipped the pancakes. I placed them on a plate with a heating charm so they would stay warm. I glanced at the cookbook. 

"Could you prepare some fruit?" I asked Lavender nervously. She gave me a lopsided smile.

"Of course." She grabbed an apple and started to slice it. I spooned out the cookies and put them in the oven. Lavender plopped blueberries and apples into the muffin batter. She mixed it and poured it into the molds. 

For some reason, I started to cry. I sobbed and wailed. Lavender shoved the muffins in and gave me a tight squeeze. "What's wrong?" She asked me. 

I started to season some chicken wings. "I-I don't know!" I wailed to Lavender. "L-last night after D-Draco gave me the r-ring-" I sobbed again. 

She pulled the pastries out of the oven before placing something else in. "Take your time, 'Mione. It's ok to cry." She set a timer and pulled me over to the small table.

I gulped and continued, "I ap-appeared n-next to him a-and he k-kissed m-me!" I blew my nose into a tissue. "A-and after l-like a sec-cond he just r-ran aw-way!" I howled the last part. 

Lavender rubbed my back understandingly. "We all know that 'Mione. We still don't know where he is, but why does this upset you so much?" 

I sniffled and thought about it. "I-I don't kn-know! I j-just was g-getting used to h-him and I-I...I g-guess I j-just wish it did-n't hap-happen!"