Chapter 16 - The Teacher has Returned

Author's Notes:

Dear Readers,

I am sorry I haven't posted recently but I have had major writer's block on this book. I have lots planned now so I am only about half way done. Hope you like this chapter!!!!

sarahlet2999

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carly's POV:

I jumped out of my car and skipped up to Erik's door. It had been four weeks since I had met him in the Opera House and he had returned to his home the night before. I hadn't seen him since I had come home and I was desperate. I paced a little as I waited for him to open the door. I didn't have to wait long. A moment later he opened the door and I launched myself into his strong arms. He seemed startled at first then hugged me tight. He pried my off him and closed the door. A moment later I was back in his arms and he was kissing me like his life depended on it. I reached up and peeled the mask off. I hated it. It rubbed and I wanted to see his face. He flinched but didn't stop kissing me. After a little while we had to part for air. I smiled up at him and tears came to his eyes. I reached up and wiped them away.

“What is wrong, Erik? I thought you would be glad to see me.” He didn't response before he crushed me against his chest. I took a deep breath and relaxed into his embrace.

“I am glad to see you. It just, I am not used to the mask being removed. Just give me time to get used to that. You don't know how long those days seemed while I was arranging to return. You don't know how much I missed you.” I snuggled deeper into his arms and said,

“I missed you more.” He laughed and I felt the rumble in his chest.

“I missed you the most of all.” I laughed and held onto like he was life itself. He pried me loose and said,

“Well, if we are going to have a lesson then we ought to get to work.” I shook my head. I didn't want a lesson. I wanted to snuggle. And I knew just who with.

“I think the lesson can be postponed. I want to snuggle.” Erik rolled his eyes and led me to the living room. We collapsed onto the couch and I snuggled close to him. He had put his mask back on and with a glare I pulled it off again. He laughed and held me against him. We laid there for a while before I thought of something to talk to him about. I wanted to know his past. It wouldn't be easy for him but I needed to know. He looked at me and I tried to smile.

“You don't want to know.” I raised my eyebrows.

“I don't ask useless questions.” He glared but stopped when I kissed him. “I want to know. I love you and I see that you need some kind of release.” He nodded. Holding me close, he started to tell. As it seemed he was the son of a harlot who abandoned him when he was born. He never knew who his mother was but that made perfect sense and was the most likely thing. He was adopted by a retired harlot who's two children had been murdered. She raised him but the life on the streets had cost her her life. He started to run with a gang and made quite a name for himself. That is where he had become a wealthy man. After a really close run in with the law he had left the gang for good. Having taken an extreme fondness for music he started to compose and made a life doing that. He had build a fine mansion in my town and the rest was history.

I couldn't believe what had happened to him. It sounded like hell. I hugged him close and whispered,

“How did you learn your last name?” Erik shivered and murmured,

“I took the last name of that woman who raised me. She didn't have anyone and I wanted to honor her. Even though she couldn't stand to look at me she never abused me. She did what she could to take care of me. She was the only person who ever cared what happened to me.” I turned his face toward me and kissed him soundly. I had missed doing that. It was a comfort to know that I would always have him there to give me kisses. I loved them as much as I loved him. Then I remembered something. I had come here for a lesson as well as to tell him something. I pulled away from his lips and sat upright. He joined me and slipped an arm around my shoulders. I smiled up at him.

“Erik, my parents want you to come to dinner tonight. Would that be agreeable?” Erik thought about it for a moment. He looked at me and stole one last kiss before saying,

“I think I can do that.” He smiled at me and I saw the broken pieces of my life fall back into place.